Alaska Northbound, Balcony Starboard or Port?

demilyric

Tomorrow I am making my reservation for Alaska next July. We are sailing on the Coral Princess. We are booking a mini-suite w/balcony. I am making one last attempt to get some input on which side is more desirable for Alskas cruise, Vancover to Whittier. Some have said the starboard side gives the nicest scenery views. Some have said with port side you have wonderful sunsets (albeit later than we're used to!) The sunsets sound nice. Since the sun sets so late, does the sun interfer at all with viewing. In otherwords, is it a problem looking into the sun? Does anyone have a strong opinion one way or another? The cabin I want, which is the aft corner on the bumpout on aloha or baja decks is still available on either side. I'm having a tough time deciding. Help!!!

Debora

You will love the Coral Princess!! We had a starboard balcony and had beautiful views all the way. In May the sunsets lasted until around 10pm. They were breathtaking and easy on the eyes from either side of the ship.

We will always consider the Coral our first love. Have fun. Ron

I just got back from a northbound alaska cruise 2 days ago we had a room with a balcony in the very back of the boat it was FABULOUS!!! we could see everything out of both sides all of the time! this is my suggestion. PLUS our balcony was no joke about 3 times bigger than all others at no extra cost just because of the location - look into it.. i promise it is worth your while.

aharris

What cruiseline were you on? Did you just do a oneway cruise and then land or did you take a cruise that went both ways? We are thinking of the Alaska cruise for next year on Serenade of the Seas. I am trying to find some pictures.

If anyone was on Serenade to Alaska or knows where I can find pics let me know.

Get the starboard side and go to other parts of the ship when you want to see sunsets or docks. We viewed coming out of Skagway at sunset from the back of the ship. It was breathtaking.

I just got back from a northbound alaska cruise 2 days ago we had a room with a balcony in the very back of the boat it was FABULOUS!!! we could see everything out of both sides all of the time! this is my suggestion. PLUS our balcony was no joke about 3 times bigger than all others at no extra cost just because of the location - look into it.. i promise it is worth your while.

THe Coral unfortunately does not have the aft cabins that you speak of. Atl least that give you 180 degrees starboard to port. They have the corner cabins only.

Archived