Kroschel Films Wildlife Center near Haines

MINIjen

Has anyone been there? DH & I are considering this excursion in Skagway, but are having a hard time deciding between this and renting a car and driving into the Yukon, stopping at Caribou Crossing. Any advice? Here's the excursion blurb: This trip combines a cruise on the Lynn Fjord, America’s longest and deepest fjord, with a drive into the heart of the Chilkat Bald Eagle Preserve for a wildlife experience unlike any other in Alaska. Upon arriving in Haines, your guide will acquaint you with the unique Native and natural history of Haines and the Chilkat Valley as you make your way through the Chilkat Bald Eagle Preserve to the Kroschel Films Wildlife Center. The Wildlife Center provides a home for numerous orphaned wild Alaskan animals including wolves, arctic fox, lynx, porcupine, mink, reindeer, wolverine and more! The center is unique in all of Alaska and the Yukon and offers hands-on, intimate close-up photos. After visiting the Wildlife Center return back to Haines, where you will visit the American Bald Eagle Foundation Interpretive Center. Back in town you will drive through the Parade Ground of historic Fort Seward, Alaska’s first military outpost, before the return cruise to re-join your ship in Skagway. A box lunch is provided.

if you like bald eagles, you will love it up there. we had nasty weather, but still saw them flying around. just look up!

i was there after the salmon run through ketchikan, but i hear that area has a ton of them. saw 4 in just a few minutes while watching town from the ship. some of the posters on here, have some great eagles pictures.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=484229&highlight=eagles

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=493230&highlight=eagles

Has anyone been there? DH & I are considering this excursion in Skagway, but are having a hard time deciding between this and renting a car and driving into the Yukon, stopping at Caribou Crossing. Any advice? Here's the excursion blurb: This trip combines a cruise on the Lynn Fjord, America’s longest and deepest fjord, with a drive into the heart of the Chilkat Bald Eagle Preserve for a wildlife experience unlike any other in Alaska. Upon arriving in Haines, your guide will acquaint you with the unique Native and natural history of Haines and the Chilkat Valley as you make your way through the Chilkat Bald Eagle Preserve to the Kroschel Films Wildlife Center. The Wildlife Center provides a home for numerous orphaned wild Alaskan animals including wolves, arctic fox, lynx, porcupine, mink, reindeer, wolverine and more! The center is unique in all of Alaska and the Yukon and offers hands-on, intimate close-up photos. After visiting the Wildlife Center return back to Haines, where you will visit the American Bald Eagle Foundation Interpretive Center. Back in town you will drive through the Parade Ground of historic Fort Seward, Alaska’s first military outpost, before the return cruise to re-join your ship in Skagway. A box lunch is provided.

check out this thread:http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=496459

i asked the same question Gnomee

check out this thread:http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=496459

i asked the same question Gnomee

Archived