cherries jubilee

lorneross

While you can special order food items on Seabourn and get cherries jubilee, it probably will not be tableside because of the fire hazard.

Seabourn like Silverseas have a single level restaurant. On ships I have seen things like flaming cherries jubilee, it was done in areas with an open ceiling.

Don, As we've discussed before on the board, twice at the Captain's table (Captain's table use to be in the middle of the dining room, at the far back) the sprinklers hit us while James Mason was preparing a flambeau dessert! The first time, Eric DeGray came running and being 6'7" he managed to stick his finger in the sprinkler device......but we were all drowned rats! Second time, Eric was not aboard.....so we were just drowned rats!! It was so comical as we sat there, all dressed up, soaking wet! Now the Assn. Maitre 'D's are a bit more careful as to where they place their dessert trolley's.

Martita

I have seen the sprinkler go off just once, due to a flaming desert--the Capt G.A had just left the room--the staff work well to stop the flow--it was kind of like a Chinese fire drill. Don

Of course, if Eric DeG is on hand, he's 5'18" and can stop the sprinklers in a minute!

Speaking of desserts, I am now a real fan of the cheese trays.

thank you thank you thank you seabourn-nail i love it. was this picture taken on the pride? also the people sitting at the table behind the waiter and to the right of the flame do you know who they are? and do you know if they will be on the pride transatlantic march 19 2007? from lorneross

Lorneross, I wouldn´t even recognize my own husband or daughter on that picture! This picture was taken on the Legend and I know a lot of people who will sail on the Pride crossing, but you don´t yet. So just wait and see when you are there. A lot of Seabourn sailors are nice people, so you will probably make friends!

thanks seabourn-nail for checking back i just thought i would ask even though i do not know anybody yet also why i asked is if you did i could have gotten a mental picture of who they were if they were going in march then when we borded in march i would have been able to pick them out more easily thanks again from lorneross p.s see you on the pride at the sky bar.

Archived