Live from the Oosterdam - 2/24

waASPCrusier

Just a quick note from Cabo.....

Embarkation...10 minutes tops at 12:30pm, 3pm wave ...well for us 3:05 just as Bill S was rolling up the banner =] Meet and greet in the Oak room was great..hosted by Hans the Bar Manager with a quick appearance from Simon the temp Hotel Manager who was very busy...for those who always ask what was served it was white wine, Bloody Mary, Champagne, cookies , coffee, and tea. We are in room 5002..I think the best we could do short of a true suite and it is great...then again we are of the mind that a vacation is what you make it so for us it has been great although as the boards have said the place you feel the vibration the most is over the good engine in the dining room...you guessed it that is our table :D So we are in the farthest cabin forward and the last table before you go off the back of the boat...we use this to as rationale for eating lots of food ...Thanks again to all the long time HAL posters for answering all questions and making us much more prepared for our crusie. :) Ok off to Cabo Wabo :D

Tayo and Kristy

WAasp Cruiser

What time did you anchor in Cabo today? I know the revised schedule says noon arrival but the Oosterdam has been getting into Cabo earlier than scheduled. My reason for asking is that we are on the March 10 Oosterdam cruise and are hoping that the ship comes in sooner so we may catch an 11:00 am snorkeling excursion from the pier.

Blazerbob

I was on this cruise also. On day 2 (first sea day) after leaving San Diego, there was an announcement during lunch about some propulsion testing. The testing was short, but after that I noticed the ship going somewhat faster. Low and behold, all the port arrival times got earlier! I seem to recall Cabo was 10 AM (maybe event earlier), Mazatlan was ~8AM, Puerta Villarta ~8 AM.

I am so sorry you missed the WAVE:o I think Bill Was on Las Vegas time you know Vegas is just a bit East of San Diego:D I was surprised at 2:55 to see the banner already hanging so that is when I called him.

I requested one of those aft table on starboard side plus we have corner aft cabin 5187. I look at it this way the constant vibration has got to be good for burning extra calories right:p

Have a great remaing week of your cruise. Thanks so much for checking in.

WAasp Cruiser

What time did you anchor in Cabo today? I know the revised schedule says noon arrival but the Oosterdam has been getting into Cabo earlier than scheduled. My reason for asking is that we are on the March 10 Oosterdam cruise and are hoping that the ship comes in sooner so we may catch an 11:00 am snorkeling excursion from the pier.

Blazerbob

We arrived around 10am...earlier than expected. :)

Do you know if the televisions have RCA jacks(the round ones, some red, white and yellow) on the front , side or back of the tv?

Thanks for checking

Jeff

Jeff all the tv´s I have seen are LG lcd flat screens..there is a small cover on the back of the tv...you can pop that off and have access to your standard inputs as you speak of and also your progressive scan..red, blue, green...plus there is a dvd player in the room that seems to read burned dvd´s both +r and +rw ...hope that helps.

Tayo and Kristy

I am so sorry you missed the WAVE:o I think Bill Was on Las Vegas time you know Vegas is just a bit East of San Diego:D I was surprised at 2:55 to see the banner already hanging so that is when I called him.

I requested one of those aft table on starboard side plus we have corner aft cabin 5187. I look at it this way the constant vibration has got to be good for burning extra calories right:p

Have a great remaing week of your cruise. Thanks so much for checking in.

Lisa at dinner last night the vibration was much less noticable...and we have two great tablemates...so once lost in conversation you forget it is there at all. Last night was a bonus as we were the only people in ours waiters section...the other 12 people did the Pinnacle. Bye now from Mazatlan...for those who wonder we arrived at roughly 7am....nice smooth seas...sunny, slightly humid and very warm :D

Tayo and

Another voice from the O.

We got to Puerto Vallerta about 20 minutes ago.

This is my first HAL in 39 years and I am upset that I may have wasted those years. This my 14th cruise of my adulthood and the ship, crew and pax(for the most part) are great.

The CC Trivia teams are kicking butt. I think we have 3 wins out of 4 games. Those mugs and keychains are piling up.

Thanks for the info, it will make the cruise more fun.Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Jeff

Jeff I took a picture ...and will post of the setup when we get back....easiest route is just to use the cables from the dvd player...then you wont eve have to mess with the back of the TV

Archived