From Crystal to Seabourn

mvmag

My husband and I have very much enjoyed our cruises on Crystal--we definitely feel "Crystalized" but now we're thinking of doing a Seabourn cruise. I've been reading through this board and have to admit, I'm sold! But I do have a couple of questions.

1. Does anyone want to do a referral? (I hope it's not rude to ask).

2. I read on one board that seasoned "Sebourners" opt for the lowest price cabin (or Guar) because there isn't all that much difference among them. Is that true? (Assuming one is not looking at a major penthouse type suite.)

Thanks in advance.

I am booked on my third Seabourn cruise after being on the Crystal Symphony, though we had a very nice time on Crystal, Seabourn feels like home. Yes, most of the standard suites are the same so unless you want a French balcony or a larger suite, its not that big of a deal to get a lower deck cabin. The ship is so small is not a problem. The suites are so much larger than the standard cabins on Crystal. When I leave a Seabourn ship its like leaving a big group of friends, I never sailed with a more friendly crew.

It is hard to compare Crystal to any line :rolleyes:. IMHO they are not in the same category as Seabourn/RSSC/Silverseas but do not fit in the normal mass market ships.

Just points from my first Seabourn cruise and my Crystal Harmony cruise.

Crystal has the best sailing music. :) What A Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong just is great as you pull away from the dock....

I love the open seating versus the fixed seating.

The one night we tried to special order a lobster dinner the restaurant staff made out that this was a big deal... They did it (on the night we requested) but still... Seabourn has no problems with special orders (along as they have the food stuff).

Because of the low number of passengers you "bond" with both passengers and crew on Seabourn.

Crystal has a "Big Show" in their lounge versus lower key enterainment on Seabourn.

As for a referral leave your email addy and if somebody has one they will contact you

Archived