Where is Capt. Larry?

ONLY-NCL

Is Capt. Larry's office in Juneau closed? I received an email from them on Feb. 2nd confirming space on one of the Whale Watching tours. I responded on the 19th Feb, saying that we were interested, and as instructed I included the first part of my credit card number, and that upon confirmation I would send the additional numbers. I haven't heard back from them. since. On Friday 23rd I sent a fax, and yesterday Monday 26th I left a phone message, (during their business hours 10:00-3:00 Alaska time). I have sent emails (the last of which I sent yesterday, and it was returned to me, because their mail box was full)

Has anyone had any luck, contacting them lately?

you can check this out

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=502869

but last report, some of the crew w/capt larry..might still be in hawaii. the office ladies had, at 1 time, over 600 emails. 1 person said they left a phone message and got a call back the next day. some have said they had good luck calling in the afternoon (juneau time). remember, they do have several boats (at least 3 last year) and do several tours a day.

got to love the purple boat (i have been on it)...

wide seating, plenty of room to move around, wide doors for wheelchairs,

restroom...a galley area where they put out the cracker/salmon and fruit drinks. we had seats 2 rows behind capt larry, himself, if he had on strong cologne..my DH would not have been able to sit there for 3 hours. also, no hacking!!

the one thing i noticed, no gas/diesel smell. since i was right in the rear, outside most of the time, it was nice to not have the fumes from that.

the purple boat is NOT small...can hold about 40 people very comfortably. at the time we were on it, we had about 15. for open air viewing, they have a deck over the cabin. since i can have accidents very easy, to keep from pulling me out of the water, i stayed on the open rear deck. (at the suggestion of my darling hubby) since we got into some high seas, it was nice to be on a wide boat with area to move. my videos would make everyone sea sick, but i love them.

the sea lions notice the lack of diesel small, also. they were playing 5 or 6 ft off the stern. :) saw 2 breechs, whales playing with the sea lions..and we were "tailed" (splashed) by a passing whale.

FYI: all boats are limited to how close they can get to the whales. the whales can come to the boat, but the boats can't come to the whales, within legal limits.

I just returned from the whale research seminar in Hawaii. We had an excellent time. Learned more interesting facts (?), and got to do some whale watching also. I spent the last 12 hours or better getting caught up on all of the Emails. My laptop bit the dust while we were there so I could not keep up the emails. Things should go more smoothly now that all the staff is back in the office. Thank you all for your patience.

Archived