Is 3/4 adults in one room really doable?

Ashlea13vb

My parents, me, and potentially my sister are looking to sail on either the Enchantment of the Seas or the Inspiration. We would really like to share a cabin to cut costs - but is it really possible? I mean, I understand you can do it... but will we be incredibly uncomfortable? We are taking this cruise to spend time together - and don't mind not having a lot of room. I'm not cruising to spend time in the cabin - I want to be on deck.

I know we'll be cramped, and that's okay with us. Has anyone tried this before and what was your experience?

Thanks!

Think long and hard about it....4 adults-one tiny bathroom, 4 adults-one electric outlet, 4 adults-no space to walk around. it's hard to get all of that luggage under two twin beds.

I hope no one snores! And I hope everyone is planning on keeping the same schedule.

Good luck.........

We did 5 to an inside cabin with really no problem-- its like you said-- we were barely in the cabin except to sleep and change.

BUT we were also able to do that with a savings of over 700.00

our next cruise is only 200 more to do two cabins so its worth it.

Figure out the cost for 1 when comparing to doing two cabins. How many days are you cruising. (we did 7)

If putting you all in one cabin-- an over the door shoe holder works..as do the showers in the gym/spa area. If you all are trying to get ready for dinner at the same time you will be getting ready for a long time. Only one outlet in the room so take an extension cord. You will be getting ready at the vanity--not the bathroom as its not equipped for plug ins.

I got a group cruise heading out on the Carnival Liberty on August 26th.. pricing and details can be seen under my calender down below. Inside cabins are less then 400pp plus you get a $100 per cabin credit to spend onbaord.

Ashlea - I intend no meanness toward any cruiser, but not all of us can afford, or choose to pay for, two cabins or suites just to have more elbow room.

I'll be taking my 5th cruise in November and for the first time, I will only have one other person in my cabin. Twice, I've sailed with two cabins mates and twice more with three cabin mates - all by choice. Did we have a great time? You bet! Was is crowded? Yep, but we never let it bother us because we were all where we wanted to be - on a cruise - together!

We kept our cabin neat and organized (there's lots of tips on these board about how to do it), we planned when each of us were going to shower, dress, etc...and we had a roaring good time...especially at bedtime when we did the "Walton" thing - "Good night Cindy, good night Barb, good night..."

I know it's hard to believe but some of my best "cruising" memories are of some particularly hilarious moments that occurred in our tiny inside cabin aboard the Explorer of the Seas...always brings a smile to my face just to think about the great fun we all had!

So, I guess I'm saying...everything in life is what you make of it. If you go into it wishing you had a bigger cabin, you probably won't have as good a time as you would if you plan on having some confusion, some elbow-bumping and a lot of laughs in a small amount of space.

Enjoy your cruise....whatever you decide!

Cindy

Archived