Red Hook To Crown Bay

Herrbeir

I booked an excursion with a private operator out of Red Hook that ends at 4:00pm. Today I learned that our ship is docked at Crown Bay. It looks like there will be 7 ships in port and I am concerned about traffic. Will I be able to get back to CB via taxi easily by 5:30pm for a 6:00pm sailing? Thanks.

Hello,

In low/medium traffic it takes about 32-35 minutes from Crown Bay to Red Hook. With traffic... 4pm to 5:30pm should be enough time to get back. Your taxi driver can go through the northside of the island which is a longer route than going through town but it can be done to avoid traffic if necessary. The driver should have experience with traffic, 7 ships, driving time and be able to take the best route to get you back. If your trip operator can call a taxi driver when you guys are heading back to make sure they are there waiting right when you get back that would likely be a good idea.

How about getting to Red Hook for the excursion's departure time, does it have a set time for departing or is it private and they depart when you get there?

--Islander

The Islander,

Thank you for your reply. We will have plenty of time getting to the operator in Red Hook. I'm not too worried about getting a cab back, just the congestion around Charlotte Amalie. I feel better now.

We have ands are doing Capt Pat out of red hook this time. Last time I believed he called ahead and there was a taxis waiting for us at docks. We got back in time to do some power shopping before sailing. When you have a private operator you should be fine. They pretty much know when you need to be back.

Have a great time

beauty

Archived