san juan cruise terminal to airport

vrg1vsm

how long is the ride from the cruise ship in san juan to the airport? how quickly can we expect to disembark? i booked a 9am flight when the cruise ship docks at 7am :confused: any suggestions??

how long is the ride from the cruise ship in san juan to the airport? how quickly can we expect to disembark? i booked a 9am flight when the cruise ship docks at 7am :confused: any suggestions??

Its doubtful you will make it on your flight. I would suggest changing your flight.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Cruise_Ship_Terminals__Parking_Directions__PORT_OF_SAN_JUAN.aspx

ADDRESS: Paseo Concepcion de Garcia

Pier (Muelle) #4

Old San Juan, Puerto Rico

Travel Time:

• 8 miles from the San Juan International Airport; travel time is approximately 45 minutes. Taxi service is approximately $16 one-way.

I agree with OhioJeff.

You're probably not going to make the flight. The ship has to clear customs. You'll go through immigration.

Plus...it's recommended that you be at the airport at least an hour early. Believe me.....you'll need every minute of that at SJU.

Even if everything ran perfectly smooth.....I still don't see you making that flight.

I've heard there's a process you can go through to be among the first to get off the ship if you have an early flight. I don't think you'd make it even going that route.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!!!!

How about an 11:50am flight on USAir. Do you think I can make that time or get it changed to a later flight. Also, I heard that you can check your bags in for USAir at the pier in San Juan. Thanks.....

How about an 11:50am flight on USAir. Do you think I can make that time or get it changed to a later flight. Also, I heard that you can check your bags in for USAir at the pier in San Juan. Thanks.....

We've made our flights twice that were in this time range and we couldn't even check our bags ahead of time. Just make sure that you are one of the first off the ship and grab a taxi quickly.

You will never make your flight.....did you check with your cruise line to find out what is the earliest flight time they suggest?

The Crown Princess docks at 6 am and by the time all is done and they clear customs the first group off the ship is at 8 am or so. You then have to find your bags, clear customs yourself which can have a line, wait for a taxi and drive to the airport. Considering you have to check in at least an hour ahead of time and security lines can be extremely long at SJU, you really don't stand a chance of making your flight.

Carnival always states the requested time you should make your flight.

IN my Experience out of San Juan, it is about a 10 minute taxi ride, but after the ship docks, you have to wait for customs to clear the ship, in our case passengers did not start disembarking until 8:30am, then you have to get the luggage and find a taxi, there is way to many taxi's for that little area so it was a traffic jam. The air port took the most time, It is small and there are thousands of people that just go of a cruiseship trying to get home, i think it was somewhere around 11 am when we finally entered the airport, it could take you less time or it could take you more time.

we booked our flight for Monday because we had the same issue and Delta didn't have any other cheap flights on Sunday, and we were told by Carnival that we wouldn't make a 9 am flight.

The next Delta flight was $500 per person more to leave at 11am I think, so we went with the early flight on Monday instead.

Anyone know what would happen we missed our flight? There are 8 of us in our group. Has this ever happened to anyone out there? We are flying Delta.

If you miss your flight it is up to Delta as to what they want to do with you. They have no obligations to get you on another flight since you were not tied up due to anything that was their fault or due to some connection fault.

It's not a chance that I would take, especially with such a large travel party.

Like I said, the Crown Princess arrived back into port at 6 am. We were one of the first few people off the ship at 8:15 am, had a porter help with our bags and get us out quickly and get a cab andd were off to the airport. I want to say that it was 9:10 when we finally arrived at the airport where we had a porter grab out bags and we didn't have a long check in line as we were flying business class and had a separate check in line. As you can see, we never would have made your flight and everything went very smoothly for us and was easy.

Its $500 dollars more for the 11:30am flight because the airlines know what time the ships get in. There is always that flight that is really cheap, but its just a little too early. If you miss your flight, you will probably be stuck, since the later flights will most likley be full due to the cruises. If you can, you can book the early flight the following day and stay at a hotel. You can find hotels pretty cheap.

• 2 years later...

The earliest you can book a flight is 11AM. It is not a long ride from the port to the airport but it is the time it takes to disembark the ship. This is the earliest time that Royal Caribbean recomends. Hope this helps!

So, is it better to try and get a taxi rather than take Carnival's transfer to the airport for a USAirways 12:45pm flight? My mother will be going with me and she is platinum, does this entitle us to priority debarkation or only embarkation? She always had later flights so never checked. Countdown 2-1/2 weeks to go!!

Archived