Going to Alaska - Infinity -09-09-2007

favoritenanna

I am a first time cruiser so don't know or understand a lot about proper etiquette with respect to dressing for dinner on "formal" nights. I am travelling with my mother and sister (all adults) and having a girl's retreat together. Could experienced travellers please give us advice with respect to dress code for dinners. Does formal mean satin, strapless and to the floor, or would a sophisticated ladies black pant suit, heels and a white lace blouse or under the jacket be acceptable? Where we come from formal is not the same as the dress code in the big cities. A nice cocktail

dress with shawl, heels etc., is always considered to be code appropriate.

Thanks for any suggestions and advice.

Regards

Favoritenanna

I am a first time cruiser so don't know or understand a lot about proper etiquette with respect to dressing for dinner on "formal" nights. I am travelling with my mother and sister (all adults) and having a girl's retreat together. Could experienced travellers please give us advice with respect to dress code for dinners. Does formal mean satin, strapless and to the floor, or would a sophisticated ladies black pant suit, heels and a white lace blouse or under the jacket be acceptable? Where we come from formal is not the same as the dress code in the big cities. A nice cocktail

dress with shawl, heels etc., is always considered to be code appropriate.

Thanks for any suggestions and advice.

Regards

Favoritenanna

I have been on 3 Celebrity Alaskan cruises and leaving tomorrow on Zenith to the Carribbean. For formal nights I kind of dress in something shiny. It is not like Oscar night where you have to be so dressy. It should be something sophisticated and I think you can get by with a nice cocktail dress and some nice jewelry. Nice shawls over a black dress or something like that is what I have seen on formal nights. Even a nice dressy pant suit would do it.

Wht you described is perfect for formal nite. Formal wear can be a very heated subject on these boards but you what you wrote it will be just fine for formal evenings. Just do a search on this board. You will find your answers. Have a great cruise.

Marilyn

I am also a first time cruiser to Alaska on 09-07-07 on the Summit southbound! I'm sure I'll see your ship. Or hopefully. I am very excited about my first cruise, and even more excited about getting to dress up! I have to be in jeans and flannel shirts at my job, so putting on a dress, I feel like royalty. I've been teasing my BF that I am going to re-enact the commercial with the lady standing at the top of the stairs leading to the dining room thanking her husband and travel agent. A few drinks, and I might just do it. (probably not a good idea) Well, back to your subject, I have a long black plaing dress, a black two piece suit with pink pin stripes, and a black and white cocktail dress to. I might dress for breakfast!;) Have a great cruise, and if I see the Infinity, I'll send you a toast!

Archived