Wireless on Navigator

Hello,

I am hoping that someone would be able to respond to my question in regards to the wireless service on the Navigator.

- Where do you register?

- How is the access?

Any information would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Vivian

Have a gr8 day!

Hello,

I am hoping that someone would be able to respond to my question in regards to the wireless service on the Navigator.

- Where do you register?

- How is the access?

Any information would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Vivian

Have a gr8 day!

My DH used this throughout the cruise and I can ask him more specifics when he's home from work. But you register at "Royal Caribbean Online" on deck 8. He used it mostly in the solarium where we hung out most of the time. They had different plans, but he purchased a fair amount of time because he was sending lots of emails for work :( . Although I wasn't, he was pleased that he could keep up and not be bombarded when he got home. He's a workaholic.

Thanks for the quick answer Elva!

My husband is in the middle of a very large project and requires to maintain contact with the office, hence why I was asking.

Thanks again,

Vivian

Dare I ask... how expensive is this? And is the access limited? I'm leaving on the Mariner in April, and was just starting to look into my options for Internet Access... HATE the Internet cafe.

My husband said not to quote him on this, but he thinks it ran about $50 for 150 minutes. He mainly used the solarium where he had good reception, but he believes he remembers these places as listed: the promenade deck, library, business services, sky bar area (can't remember what it's called). It's definitely not available in all areas.

Hope this helps.

Here's the info from the RCL FAQ, everything you asked for about prices and equipment. In order to register you have to go to the ship's computers, swipe your sea pass in the keyboard slot, and then select set up a Wi-Fi account, you'll choose a user name and password, enter it and then log off their computer. Now, when you open your lap top, it will see the ship's wi-fi network, tell it to log in, then you open Internet Explorer, a log in box will pop up where you enter your user name and password that you just created. This will log you in and start another box with a clock in it running so you will always know how long you're logged in. I would recommend to save time, log in, download email, log off, read, write replies and such, then log on, and send email. Log back off again, and you will save a significant number of minutes. The Wi-Fi is faster than the ship's computers generally, but is not nearly as fast as broadband at home. Enjoy.

Thank you SO much for the information. I am an email junkie and tend to run up a rather sizeable internet bill... at least these packages appear to save me money. And definitely a good tip about reading the emails offline.

This will be my first time with a laptop on the cruise, so I'm still getting used to the whole wireless thing...

Archived