Zuiderdam or Triumph?

streaks23

Looking at either the Zuiderdam Dec. 2007 or Triumph, same date.

Love the itineraries - however, will be myself, DH, son (19) and daughter (21). Does the Zuiderdam offer night time activities for the younger set?

Would appreciate any info - don't want to take them on a cruise and have them bored after 10 p.m.

Thanks so much!

Zuiderdam does have a disco that stays open till the wee hours...

...but it depends on the particular cruise whether it will be packed or empty. Otherwise, the rest of the ship pretty much shuts down after 1am.

WE have been on both ships with 20 somethings. May I go out on a limb here and say Triumph would possibly be the better choice. It is a beautiful ship, almost identical to Costa Atlantica. The young'uns tore up the Disco every night until who knows when! They slept a bit more on the Zuiderdam:D but loved ,loved ,loved the crew and the ambiance of the Zuiderdam and are happily accompanying us again on March 31. Mine are maybe just older enough than yours to appreciate the Zuiderdam rather than the Triumph.

If your kids have not cruised and you want an exciting typical cruise, go with the Triumph. Carnival really does a great job, not as GREAT as HAL though!

I'd probably say your kids would enjoy the Triumph more just because there are going to be more kids their age on that ship. We did a New Year's cruise on the Triumph a few years ago (our kids were 16, 20 & 22) and the kids never lacked for things to do, or other kids to do things with.

However, for us, the Zuiderdam was perfect. We LOVED every minute of our experience. We'd probably not cruise anything but HAL just because it was everything we'd hoped it would be and then more. Our kids would have been fine on the Zuiderdam, and they would have enjoyed themselves, I just think they'd probably have a better time on a ship that has more kids their own age.

Thanks so much for your replies.

We've been on the Triumph 2X - October 99 and January 00 - loved the ship, etc. Obviously, kids were much younger when on the Triumph in 2000.

We just love the intinerary offered on the Zuiderdam - especially, Tortola.

Just worried the kids won't have enough to do at night. If it was just my DH and myself - it would be Zuiderdam in a heartbeat.

We just got off the Caribbean Princess in Nov. and they loved it. I don't know - tough decision. One way or the other, we'll cruise and enjoy!

Thanks, again!

One more thing?

Does the Zuiderdam offer karoke (sp?) - The kids love to watch that???

That would be a fun thing for them to do at night!

I don't remember seeing karoke on the Zuiderdam, but I could have just missed it. My kids (my daughter and her friend) had a BALL with that on the Triumph, as did we (watching them).

I was on the Zuiderdam a couple of years ago during spring break, so there were lots of kids. My daughters were 15 and 17 at the time and had a great time. The Triumph would probably be a better choice, but you won't go wrong with the Zuiderdam. It will have a bit more space per passenger than the Triumph so you won't have as much of a hassle getting a chair by the pool.

They definitely had karaoke two years ago. My daughter and I had a very forgetable performance.:rolleyes:

Thanks so much for your replies. Would love to try HAL - have been on Carnival, Princess, RCL, Costa and Norwegian. I will definitely give it serious consideration before jumping on Triumph.

Thanks again!

There are just so many choices...sometimes too many! Good luck... :)

One thing about our cruise on the Zuiderdam...We so much loved the level of service, that'd we probably not cruise anything but HAL in the future. We loved both of our cruises for different reasons...On the Triumph, we had all our kids and we had a great time. On the Zuiderdam, it was just us, and we simply loved everything about the ship...from the cabin...to the employees. We've found our home.

As far as just comparing the cruises...The Zuiderdam wins hands-down...from food, to service...it's was the winner. But I know that adding children to the mix changes your needs a bit.

Archived