Southern NH Boston-Bermuda Cruisers

nhquilter

I'm a first time cruiser and only moved to Southern NH in August - I'm in the Amherst area and am interested in knowing how much time we should allow to get to the pier and how early you typically get on the ship (in other words, when should we leave home! LOL)

Thanks for any help...

I depends on the day of the week and the time you want to get there. On weekdays, between 7am and 9am, give yourself an hour and a half to two hours. Friday nights, the same. Otherwise, I'd say an hour to hour and a half is fine.

If you are doing the Sunday cruise, I would recommend leaving your house at 11AM. That would get you to the ship around 12 or 12:30. You could perhaps get there earlier, but I love the relaxation of not having to get up early and be rushed. We are from Townsend, MA. Not sure how you would travel from Amherst. I'm guessing 101 to 3?

Sunday morning traffic is usually not bad. If you like this cruise half as much as we do, you will have the time of your life!!! I love the relaxation of driving on a Sunday morning - no traffic and walking on the ship. I'm envious just thinking about it.:)

I live just south of Nashua, i take it you are driving down the same day which would be a Sunday. I would allow 1.5 hours, that is with a little extra time factored in as well. Only takes us about 45 minutes from door to door (car already parked and all). I am assuming you will be going RT. 93 most of the way. Have a great cruise!

Hi,

We do the Bos/Bermuda Cruise every Sept., and we love it. We also live about an hour away, in south central Mass., and leave the house about 9;30 am, and get there about 10:30, park in the garage before it fills up, then walk leisurely to the terminal. Sometimes we get on the ship by noon. This year we will be doing the Sept. 9th cruise, and look forward to it, it's a great trip. Enjoy.

Hello old friends.. September 9th huh? hmmmm lets see we did the repo together in 2003, last year 9/17.. another one together huh? to the first time cruisers the Majesty unloads verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry slowly for us locals (cause we dont have to leave and dont want to... ) so usually they dont start to board until after 1130a-1200p so thats your target. from there figure another 1/2 to hour before you're onboard and up on the top desk eating and partaking in the excitement.. your rooms probably wont be ready until 1p earliest.. and luggage soon to follow. What you will find is like being at a local hotel with no rush to go home and short travel thereafter with little or no sunday traffic. You're buying into the best deal there is to see Bermuda... a lovely ship, a fantastic crew (believe me) and staying at the best floating hotel in Bermuda... you wont find any problems with questions and/or tips for the vacation here ask away~!

Weary Traveler (alumnus of 8 cruises aboard the Royal Majesty/NCL Majesty

to the first time cruisers the Majesty unloads verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry slowly for us locals (cause we dont have to leave and dont want to... ) so usually they dont start to board until after 1130a-1200p so thats your target. from there figure another 1/2 to hour before you're onboard and up on the top desk eating and partaking in the excitement.. your rooms probably wont be ready until 1p earliest.. and luggage soon to follow. What you will find is like being at a local hotel with no rush to go home and short travel thereafter with little or no sunday traffic.

You're bringing tears to my eyes - I want it so bad!

snsntiques, we'll be on the Sept 9th to Bermuda too! I'm in Derry.

To the OP, we find it easier to ask someone to drive us to the port. You just pull up in front, a porter walks up to you to take your luggage, and off you go! No parking and VERY convenient.

Last year the ship left at 1 pm (I believe) but this year it doesn't leave till 4 pm. Luckily not much traffic on a Sunday though.

Hi everyone! We'll be on the Sept. 9 cruise to Bermuda as well, for our honeymoon. We live right next to Boston so we'll have someone drive us in. 12 is a good time to get there?

I cruised on the Dawn out of New York a few years ago but it is my FH's first time. I am really looking forward to just being dropped off and getting onboard.

Archived