Parasailing - Orient Beach

sweetave

hi can someone please tell me if on orient beach can i just go there and do parasailing or do i need to book it in advance with a tour company? how much would it be? thanks

DH & DD did parasailing on Orient Beach last week. No need to book in advance--they have many places to pick from up and down the beach. He paid $90 for 2. (On St. Thomas we said it was $79 for one!) DH went over, signed up, paid and was on the boat in a 1/2 hour. Went before noon and there was only a small line. Both loved it! DD brought an underwater camera (didn't matter if it got wet) and got great pictures. Enjoy!

was there also jet ski rentals? do you happen to know how much they were? where did you tell the taxi driver you wanted to go "ON" the beach?

Although we did not rent jet skis, I believe it was $60 or $65 for 1/2 hour. We told the taxi driver we wanted to go to Orient Beach. There are many areas on Orient Beach, each with different names, but there are just as many vendors who rent jet skis and parasailing up & down the beach. So most anywhere is fine, some areas seem to less crowded than others.

DH & DD did parasailing on Orient Beach last week. No need to book in advance--they have many places to pick from up and down the beach. He paid $90 for 2. (On St. Thomas we said it was $79 for one!) DH went over, signed up, paid and was on the boat in a 1/2 hour. Went before noon and there was only a small line. Both loved it! DD brought an underwater camera (didn't matter if it got wet) and got great pictures. Enjoy!

Can you tell me how long you stayed in the air on parasail?

Thx Daryl

DH said it was short, maybe 10-12 minutes. We were there on a very busy day, however. Both he and DD loved it though!

Thx, And 10 to 12 minutes:D is long compared to was St. thomas is offering through Carnival. it say's they are 4 - 6 minutes.:(

Thx, And 10 to 12 minutes:D is long compared to was St. thomas is offering through Carnival. it say's they are 4 - 6 minutes.:(

St. Marteen has the best rates for parasailing. St. Thomas rates were

$79 each while St. Marteen was $90 for two. Don't know how much the rate for one was.

• 3 months later...
St. Marteen has the best rates for parasailing. St. Thomas rates were

$79 each while St. Marteen was $90 for two. Don't know how much the rate for one was.

So that is 2 folks at the same time? Round parasail or rectangular (just curious)....we may just wait until St Maarten/Marten to parasail...:D

Anybody know how far Orient Beach is from the Ship (Coming in on the Carnival Valor)? We were considering a tour through Sunny Liston's friend...but are considering Intro Scuba in the morning, and parasail in the afternoon at Orient....

Anybody know how far Orient Beach is from the Ship (Coming in on the Carnival Valor)? We were considering a tour through Sunny Liston's friend...but are considering Intro Scuba in the morning, and parasail in the afternoon at Orient....

Found the answer...

"This island half owned by the French and half owned by the Dutch. We dock on the southern Dutch side. The northern French side (actually a little more than half) is named St. Martin. We shared a taxi ($6.00 per person when you have at least 6 people) from the pier to Orient Beach. Hint: if you only have 2 people, wait a few minutes for someone else to join you. "

----

except the whole scuba excusion we are looking at is only available in the afternoon...

This is the last time we book last minute...I'm too anal to fly by the seat of my pants...lol

Archived