can you change currency on board?

hcat

we will be on Century for a Medit cruise & wonder if you can change currency on board? If so what are the charges to do so, are the rates fair & are there any limits? We want to avoid having to do this at Barcelona airport--at least to have money for cab & lunch til we get settled at our hotel...

Our experience is that the exchange rates will be much better at an ATM machine anywhere rather than the ship or one of the exchange offices. Use the ATM just like at home. To specifically answer your question they will have exchange on board but the rates are usually poor.

I agree with the previous poster. Its better to exchange off the ship - and probably at an ATM.

Last summer i was in the med and the ship was selling Euro at $1.37 or so -while going to a money changer on land the rate was better at about $1.30 Not a HUGE difference, but better none the less.

I agree with the previous poster. Its better to exchange off the ship - and probably at an ATM.

Last summer i was in the med and the ship was selling Euro at $1.37 or so -while going to a money changer on land the rate was better at about $1.30 Not a HUGE difference, but better none the less.

That's over 5%!

For every $100, that would be almost €4 less.

Archived