Anyone back from Bannister Island?

luckydogone

I'm going to be in Belize next week and I've signed up for the Bannister Island excursion and I'm wondering what peoples thoughts are about it, if they had fun, was it nice, water clear and stuff like that. Also what were the prices of the food if anyone can remember. Thanks in advance for any help,

Jim

Got back from Belize last week on the Dream. Went to Bannister Island along with snorkeling in the barrier reef. Beautiful island. Water was wonderful, they have an area fenced off for swimming. Hotdog and chips was something like $5.00.

We were there last Nov. The island is nice, gorgeous in fact and the reef snorkel was good. We would go back again if we didn't make it a point to do something different each trip.

LDG,

My wife and I just got back from a cruise on Carnival Glory that included a stop in Belize{27Feb07}. We took an excursion to Bannister Island, and we LOVED it!! We were the first footprints on the sand other than the staff and it was a most enjoyable experience. As more and more "tenders" arrived of course it got a bit hectic, but it was still enjoyable. We didn't partake in the snorkeling as all we wanted to do was soak up the sun, we had better than 18" of snow the week before we left so we were ready to be HOT!!

The cost of cocktails / beers was typical depending of course on what you wanted. We did not eat on the island as we were only there for half of the day. ENJOY your journey, and take lots of photos!!

Elf

LDG,

My wife and I just got back from a cruise on Carnival Glory that included a stop in Belize{27Feb07}. We took an excursion to Bannister Island, and we LOVED it!! We were the first footprints on the sand other than the staff and it was a most enjoyable experience. As more and more "tenders" arrived of course it got a bit hectic, but it was still enjoyable. We didn't partake in the snorkeling as all we wanted to do was soak up the sun, we had better than 18" of snow the week before we left so we were ready to be HOT!!

The cost of cocktails / beers was typical depending of course on what you wanted. We did not eat on the island as we were only there for half of the day. ENJOY your journey, and take lots of photos!!

Elf

We were there the next day! We too were the first ones on the island, and had free reign of beach chairs as well as floats.

The "Popsicle" took us to the island, and they gave us a ticket for a free rum punch or fruit punch. He also told us to try the "Bannister Island Iced Tea" which was worth every cent of the $8.00 plus tip! This drink was off the wall! It had 2 different tequila's, 4 different rums and two of something else!

The island was beautiful, the water was very nice and calm, but a little mirky. It was a very relaxing time, and I would do it again if I were ever back in Belize.

Enjoy your time!

We went to Bannister a week and a half ago. We took the tender into Belize City. Just off the tender, we found Fab Tours. They offered a snorkeling tour for $49. They took us to the island (some chose to just stay on Bannister). The rest of us went out further for snorkeling for about 45 minutes and then we went back to Bannister Island. We then had about 2 hours on the island before we had to load back into the boat and head back to the tender port. We really enjoyed out day. It was great!

Thx for the replies. I hear 60% chance of rain on our BZE stop, so I'm canceling our ship's tour. But like this option in case the weather's ok.

How long did the tour last?

How long was the boat ride there?

I'm booked with them the first week of April. Daniel has been really helpful with answering by email. He even gave me a bit of a deal for pre-reserving with him (no deposit!). His answer back about ship's time vs. Belize time was rather vague...something about just relaxing and enjoying the island. Their tour starts at 10am Belize time. That will be noon ship's time. Is this the time your tour started? Did you end up hanging around waiting for them to fill the tour? I just don't want to rush off the ship (we arrive 9am ship time/7am Belize time) and have two hours hanging out in the Tourist Village. What was your experience with this? How was the snorkeling? Thanks!

When I emailed him originally, he stated that he would be putting us on the 10:00 a.m. boat. Our ship arrived at 8:00, we got tender tickets, and were off the ship by 9:15. Even though he stated 10:00 a.m., I don't think we actually left until 10:15. Their boat was full when we left. You can find their website at http://www.fabtoursbelize.com.

We enjoyed our day. Oh, and the boat ride was about 20 min. or so to Bannister. We then went another 5 min. to the snorkeling location.

Okay, I know I'm a little slow here...you did the 10 am Fab Tours tour. Was that 10am Belize time? With the time change this coming weekend the ship's time will be two hours ahead of island time. So the 10am tour would be at noon (ship's time). Was your 10 am tour at 11am ship time? Thanks!

You should consider the cruise ship shore excursion for this port. I usually book my own excursions, but there are advantages booking thru the ship here.

I am familiar with the Carnival excursions, you can snorkel, snuba, or just go to Bannister Island. Different prices for each.

Big advantage, they take you right from the ship....do not have to tender into Belize and back. (also don't have to worry about getting back in time).

Archived