When does the "O" go to drydock?

azsunshine

I am almost afraid to ask this, but we have family booked for May. When is the scheduled dry docking, and will the Azipod be replaced then?

We were on the "O" in Nov. during the "repair" of the azipod. Is it really fixed now? Are they hitting the ports on time? Are the vibrations gone in the aft?

Thanks for any information!

HI!!!!!! How are you? How is John? Please tell him I said hello. I hope all is going well with you! I haven't seen you post lately so I couldn't miss this opportunity to at least say hi :D

I don't have the exact answer...I think April then again in September, but I'm sure someone here can give you the exact answer. I think your family should be safe in May.

Take care! I hate I missed you guys when we all left the ship...my email is mjshap at gmail . com (no spaces)--please keep in touch!

Meg

am almost afraid to ask this, but we have family booked for May. When is the scheduled dry docking, and will the Azipod be replaced then?

We were on the "O" in Nov. during the "repair" of the azipod. Is it really fixed now? Are they hitting the ports on time? Are the vibrations gone in the aft?

Thanks for any information!

She's leaving San Diego on 21 APR enroute to drydock in Victoria, BC where a new port-side pod will be installed. Both the 21 APR (Mexico) and 28 APR (northbound Pacific coastal) have been cancelled. The 02 MAY Pacific Coastal (a 4-dayer) is tentative depending on everything in drycock goes as scheduled and on time. Alaska cruising is still scheduled to begin on 05 MAY out of Seattle.

The "repair" in NOV 06 was not 100% succesfull (hence the drydock in Victoria) although they got the ailing pod back up to about 75% capacity. Port times in PV and Cabo are still effected. Vibration is not a problem (personal experience)

A poster wrote that Oosterdam will go back in drydock in September to remove the new pod and install yet another "newer" one (#2 will either be kept in reserve and/or will be installed on Eurodam) - Haven't been able to get that tidbit confirmed yet.

Archived