NCL cancels July 7 cruise for Rosie

thebluebomb

I have been looking for a post about this subject, but have seen none. We had a cruise scheduled since September for the 7/7/07 cruise on the Dawn, but was notified in Feb. that this cruise was cancelled because of a Rosie Charter of the entire ship. Ncl offered nothing for the inconvience except a $100 ship credit. They tried to offer to place us on another cruise with a higher price. But dont be fooled, those other cruises were the same price as the one we booked back in September. They got to hold $1000 of my money for 6 months and said they dont pay interest on the money they got to collect interest on. I will NEVER ever go on a Ncl cruise again and I have a bitter taste in my mouth for all cruises after this negative experience. Just think what it would have cost us if we tried to cancel our cruise 6 months after booking it.

There has already been a large thread on this issue.

Carnival charterd 3 ships to the US government with less than a week before sailing. At least NCL chartered the ship to Rosie with 5 months before sailing.

While I would agree chartering ships and bumping passengers is not good public relations, every time doing so has been a great marketing move for the cruise lines. And every ship chartered involves bumping, and all cruise lines are quilty.

Carnival charterd 3 ships to the US government with less than a week before sailing. At least NCL chartered the ship to Rosie with 5 months before sailing.

Come on Don, you can't compare the chartering of the Carnival ships to this fiasco.

The Carnival ships were "chartered" due to a National Emergency, Hurricane Katrina. They were used as emergency housing for victims. That was an emergency, this is to take care of a nutcase's whims.

I do believe that Carnival did a lot better job of compensating those people who were bumped than NCL did in this case. It should be the opposite. NCL did not HAVE to bump these people, Carnival really had no choice. NCL has no clue how to properly compensate anyone when they screw up.

But comparing Rosie to Katrina is a fair comparision....both blowhards.

Archived