First timer looking advice on Alaska cruise

ciara

I am thinking of doing an Alaska cruise in late August - maybe Celebrity Infinity but was reading some of the info from late last season - that they were having troble with the "pod" (whatever that is?) and some cruises cancelled or not able to reach ports on time or doing inner passage at night.

Has anyone any experience of this cruise, would you recommend it?

Thanks

C.

We did the Mercury this past September and had a beautiful cruise. I would have to say one of the best we've ever had.

The weather is cool, but not freezing, it can be overcast and drizzling, but that also makes for some of the most picturesque scenery.

Its end of season so there are sales galore.

The kids are back in school after Labor day so its more of an adult experience.

We're already anticipating a 2009 Alaskan cruise around the same time frame.

Dave:eek:

unfortunately the m-class ships have had pod problems(millie, connie, infinity and summit) While we have cruised on them and have never had a problem, and they are some on the nicest ships cruising, there is no way of kmnowing when i problem will occur.

I would book the cruise and not worry, just take cruise insurance. Celebrity has been generous when cruises are cancelled for these reasons, giving out refund for cruise and coupons for 50-100% next cruise

We have also sailed on the Infinity to Alaska and had no problems. We are sailing on her again this coming May. Go ahead and book the cruise. Some cruises have had problems but in most of them not a thing has happened.

Marilyn

Archived