Does Captian's Club count on RCCL too?

Luxuriate

We have, I believe, 6 cruises on Celebrity and 1 on RCCL (a couple of others on other lines too). We did the RCCL cruise before Celebrity took over RCCL (or the other way around). Does our status in Celebrity's Captian Club count for anything if we decide to try RCCL again?

We have a 3 year-old child now and I'm thinking that RCCL might be a better fit. Does anyone have any idea how this works?

I like the "little" (and they are little) perks that come with being a Captian's Club member and would hate to miss some additional "points" because we chose RCCL.

Thanks,

Cheryl

To be honest you will get better perks on RCL than celebrity..you will be platnium on RCL.. if you book a balcony or better cabin you will get 100 dollars off, also coupin book with buy one drink(get one free), free picture, etc.

We are elite on Celebrity, which made us Diamond on our next cruise on RCL and we received 300 dollars off the price of our cabin plus they have a ConceigeLounge which is open for drinks each evening..nothing like that on Celebrity

You'll find the loyalty perks much better on Royal verses Celebrity. Since you are at the Select level with Celebrity you will be Platinum level on Royal. Problem is you will need 9 more cruise credits with Royal before you will reach the important Diamond level. It will be easier reaching Elite with X and then you can cruise on Royal at the Diamond level.

Above posts are correct, but no one has told you how to go about getting your Platinum status on Royal. Since you have one cruise with them already I assume you are a Crown & Anchor member. Call the C&A desk and give them your Captains Club information.

You get the perks for each line, but the cruise doesn't count toward both lines. Ok..that didn't come out right. I have 4 cruises with Celebrity and naturally need 1 more to get to the next level. But I sailed with Royal Caribbean last time. That doesn't count as a 5th on Celebrity. Gotta wait till 2/08 for that!

Cheryl,

We have, I believe, 6 cruises on Celebrity and 1 on RCCL (a couple of others on other lines too). We did the RCCL cruise before Celebrity took over RCCL (or the other way around). Does our status in Celebrity's Captian Club count for anything if we decide to try RCCL again?

We have a 3 year-old child now and I'm thinking that RCCL might be a better fit. Does anyone have any idea how this works?

It's really quite simple. Celebrity's "Captain's Club" and Royal Caribbean's "Crown & Anchor Society" are separate programs in which only cruises on the respective line count toward one's level of membership. Nonetheless, each line recognizes standing in the other line's program by granting its benefits for the corresponding level.

In your case, your "Select" membership in the "Captain's Club" will entitle you to "Platinum" benefits of the "Crown & Anchor Society" if you take another cruise on Royal Caribbean. Your cruise with Royal Caribbean, however, does not count toward "Elite" standing in the "Captain's Club."

Norm.

Archived