Dawn restaurant questions

oneeyedguy

Looking for a couple of answers:

1. Can you make reservations for any of the restaurants when you first board or can you only make them one day in advance?

2. Which restaurants have surcharges and how much are they?

3. What's the difference between Teppanyaki and Bambo?

4. Do they make a good Mai Tai?;)

1. Can you make reservations for any of the restaurants when you first board or can you only make them one day in advance?

This seems to change every other month but it seems that unless you are in a large group you can only do a day in advance

most of them except the main and italian from what i can remember. Sorry forgot prices and on the dawn the italian is just a sectioned off part of the caffateria they set up at night

Bambo is sushi/asian style teppanyaki is the open grill where you get to watch the chef perform while he prepares your meal. The area they use for the Teppa was actually a storage area/kitchenete that they converted originaly it was not on the ship

4. Do they make a good Mai Tai?;) Sorry I dont drink fufu drinks but alcohol overall like any other cruise ship is expensive and i need like half a bottle to get me going so i tend not to bother while cruising :)

The latest reports are that reservations are only for one day in advance.

Le Bistro: $20-$25

Cagneys: $20-$25

Bamboo: $15

Teppanyaki: A La Carte $15+

(Approximately, I'm working from memory:o)

Bamboo is the Asian specialty restaurant. Teppanyaki is the Hibachi grill, limited to 2 nightly seatings of perhaps 14? people each.

Can't help with this one but they make a tasty Cappucino:)!

See you on board!

1. Generally the rule is now one day in advance for specialty reservations. Penthouse passengers like in the past can make them anytime.

2. Surcharge restaurants - Cagney's, $20-$25 - Bistro, $15-$25. Bamboo I believe is ala cart on Sushi but generally 12.50 to $15 - Teppanyaki $20.

The rest have no surcharge

3. As described in prior post

4. Not in my opinion - Nothing like the ones I loved in HI. Fresh pineapple and orange juice, lite rum and dark Whalers rum floated on top.

Bamboo is the Asian specialty restaurant. Teppanyaki is the Hibachi grill, limited to 2 nightly seatings of perhaps 14? people each.

I could be wrong, but I thought there were 3 seatings in Teppanyaki (5:30, 7:30 and 9:30).

I could be wrong, but I thought there were 3 seatings in Teppanyaki (5:30, 7:30 and 9:30).

You are correct - but in most cases two since the 7:30 seating sells out fast. Also it has been known to be open for lunch on sea days two seatings extra.

So what time can you call for the next day? Example can you call at 12:01 AM on Sunday night (Mon morn) and book for Tuesday? My son turns eight on the Wed. of our cruise and wants to eat at Teppanyaki. Can I talk to someone when I board the ship?

So what time can you call for the next day? Example can you call at 12:01 AM on Sunday night (Mon morn) and book for Tuesday? My son turns eight on the Wed. of our cruise and wants to eat at Teppanyaki. Can I talk to someone when I board the ship?

You can try when you get onboard. There will be a table in the atrium. It opens every morning around 9 am you can walk up or call them for reservations that day or the next. Special requests always seem easier to get face to face for me. FYI normally the 5:30 or 9:30 reservations are far easier.

Archived