HAL bus to/from Boston and New Haven

cruisin0504

Could anyone please provide the phone # or website to arrange for transportation from Providence to the cruise terminal in NYC? You all make it sound like a great experience and we're thinking of doing the same thing...but I'm not finding how to reach them to make the reservation. Thanks for being quick with your reply!!

I did book my cruise tru HAL. At the time I didn't book the the bus trip to NY, but they said that I could call them anytime up to 21 day prior to the departure date and book the bus.

I called them last week to book it. Since I already had the docs for the cruise, I ask if they were going to send me tickets for the bus . They said no , but that the bus driver would have my name on the manifest for the trip .They also send me an E-mail showing that I had two Round trips to NY on the homeport bus route 3.

IThey also send me an E-mail showing that I had two Round trips to NY on the homeport bus route 3.

Bring a copy of that e-mail with you. I have done this round-trip twice, and on one leg of the four I was asked for my voucher.

All four times the driver did check off my name from the manifest.

I did book my cruise tru HAL. At the time I didn't book the the bus trip to NY, but they said that I could call them anytime up to 21 day prior to the departure date and book the bus.

I called them last week to book it. Since I already had the docs for the cruise, I ask if they were going to send me tickets for the bus . They said no , but that the bus driver would have my name on the manifest for the trip .They also send me an E-mail showing that I had two Round trips to NY on the homeport bus route 3.

Then you're all set. Our driver on the way down just took a roll call; didn't collect the vouchers. The driver on the way back took a roll call and collected the voucher for the return trip. I guess you can just show him the email. They seem quite laid back about the whole thing, so I wouldn't worry.

Thank you Ruth C and Innlady 1.

When I read about the vouchers , I become a little concerned , that due to some mistake , my name wouldn't be listed on the manifest . I will call Hal , by April 9 to make sure that I am there.

I was thinking in driving to NY , but my car decided to act on me and showed a yellow light telling me to " CHECK THE ENGINE " . It needed a tune up which was done.

Anyway I will be in South Station at 6:00 am , and if there is any problems , Greyhound and Peter Pan, run direct trips to the Port Authority Bus Terminal at 42 St and 8 Ave every hour on the hour for $25 a person . I would be in NY before the HAL bus.

There is also the Acela train .

I am not staying in Boston.

I would hesitate to take the train. I took the train back from NYC at the end of my '01 trans-At. It took all day!

I was able to get a 10:-something train a little after noon. :eek: We then proceed to stop at every pillar and post on the way north. Somewhere in the New London/Groton area there was a problem with a bridge so we sat (and sat, and sat, and ...) on the tracks until it was fixed. We arrived in Providence a little after 5:00 PM.

I knew I would get home eventually, but if I were heading to sail I would be concerned about getting there in time.

Thank you Ruth C and Innlady 1.

When I read about the vouchers , I become a little concerned , that due to some mistake , my name wouldn't be listed on the manifest . I will call Hal , by April 9 to make sure that I am there.

I was thinking in driving to NY , but my car decided to act on me and showed a yellow light telling me to " CHECK THE ENGINE " . It needed a tune up which was done.

Anyway I will be in South Station at 6:00 am , and if there is any problems , Greyhound and Peter Pan, run direct trips to the Port Authority Bus Terminal at 42 St and 8 Ave every hour on the hour for $25 a person . I would be in NY before the HAL bus.

There is also the Acela train .

I am not staying in Boston.

I agree with Ruth...I would think twice about taking the train. I've been on the train from Boston to New York many times as I used to go there a few times a year on buying trips. One time there was some sort of fire and we were stuck on the tracks in CT for a long while. It was before the days of cell phones and the people in a neighboring house on the beach invited everyone in to use their phone!

At least if a bus breaks down, they can send another to retrieve the passengers. And, if it's the HAL bus, the ship will wait until the passengers arrive.

Archived