Roll call - Friends of Julie 4/23/07 Splendour TA

julieanne

Hi Julie,

The bus transfer timing is not completely clear to me. The agent just said to be there at 10 if I wanted to be on the first bus. Depending on passenger arrivals and filling the bus, we may end up on the same one.

Tim, any more details/tips from your experience last year?

See ya...Mark

Hi Mark and Julie,

I remember the staff that was selling and organizing the transfers were fairly vague as more and more people showed up...with no buses in evidence!!

My guess is that 10:00 a.m. is their best guess when there will be enough people at all the various terminals to fill a bus. Nothing seemed very exact...which to me is always sort of a pain. I like to be punctual and I guess I expect it of others. If a certain time is given as a suggestion, then I will act accordingly :) !!

10:00 a.m. at the first terminal at baggage claim sounds good. I might try and get there a little earlier (I will also find out which one is the first terminal!).

Julie, the way these things are run, even coming in a 10:45 you could still be in the first bus!

Later, Tim

10:00 a.m. at the first terminal at baggage claim sounds good. I might try and get there a little earlier (I will also find out which one is the first terminal!).

Julie, the way these things are run, even coming in a 10:45 you could still be in the first bus!

Later, Tim

Hey Tim -

Count me in too. I've changed my flight to an earlier arrival, so I'll be in around 10:20am. I just might be on that bus too! ;)

-Steve

Hey Tim -

Count me in too. I've changed my flight to an earlier arrival, so I'll be in around 10:20am. I just might be on that bus too! ;)

-Steve

Make sure you wear something distinctive so that you can recognize each other! May I suggest a pink feather boa? LOL....!:D

Hi Julie,

You talk about pink feather boas quite a bit and I am starting to worry about you. The first step is admitting you have a problem.....:)

Tim thanks for the additional info and I can relate to your timing/punctuality comments. I have been saying 10am but will probably show up closer to 9:30. I'll be too excited to 'sleep in' and will be up early anyway.

Steve, who are you flying from TPA? I'm on Delta (my new preferred carrier) and they only had connections which is why I'm coming in the day before.

See ya....Mark

Hi Mark! :)

I like Delta just fine. I'm actually flying within the Skyteam Alliance, albeit on Continental. Nonetheless, I'll be earning Sky Miles on this journey.

The one and only reason why I'm not flying Delta (or NW) to Houston is due to the drama with connections. Connections, well, and potential luggage loss...I'll stick with "point A to point B" luggage risks. :D

On the way back, hey, I don't care. Delta from Barcelona to Atlanta, and right on to Tampa. Given our drought of good connections to Europe (without going to Miami or Atlanta...or even New York), I figured I'll use the stop to stretch my legs before the short flight home.

I've got flexible tickets, hence the "flying up front" part in a previous post. Still debating whether or not to fly out on Sunday night, but I've got lots of time to decide.

Mark, are you going to stay over any in Barcelona, or are you headed right back?

-Steve

Hi Julie,

You talk about pink feather boas quite a bit and I am starting to worry about you. The first step is admitting you have a problem.....:)

Tim thanks for the additional info and I can relate to your timing/punctuality comments. I have been saying 10am but will probably show up closer to 9:30. I'll be too excited to 'sleep in' and will be up early anyway.

Steve, who are you flying from TPA? I'm on Delta (my new preferred carrier) and they only had connections which is why I'm coming in the day before.

See ya....Mark

If I only have a pink feather boa fetish, it's not really hurting anyone is it? Did you look at Naomis photos? What a crackup! Are you afraid you might look too good in one Mark? By the way, thanks for pushing me back up the board! :D

Julie, you like to see your name in 'lights', huh?

My first thought is 'no' the PFB fetish doesn't hurt anyone but then I thought 'what if whenever you have one wrapped around your neck it makes you want to push someone overboard?' see how it could quickly turn into a problem?

I did check some of those pics. It looks like they had a great time and really 'stood out' wherever they went.

Thanks Steve! I didn't think about them losing my luggage on the connection to Houston!! At least they will have 24 hours to get it to me if it happens.

I will be staying in Barcelona until Thursday. My first time and I'm excited. I was checking out Fodors online last night and will try to pick it up at the library this weekend. I think it is a great guide for visiting new places. Are you staying a few days?

See ya....Mark

Hi Guys (and all PFB'S too!!),

After looking at the IAH airport map. I can't determine which of the terminals is the "first" one. I came in last year on NWA and that was Terminal B, which seemed to be the last pick up point.

Maybe we should just pick one airlines baggage claim area to meet at around 9:30 to 10:00. If there doesn't seem to be much movement I guess we could always migrate to another terminal :) !! Since, I'm staying overnight, I don't care which one is designated...sooo, "discuss amongst yourselves"!!

I know I can hardly wait to get back to sea. I'm one of those ghastly people who like all sea days. I'm totally serious when I say if we left Galveston and took 13 days to get to Barcelona I would be quite content! Although, maybe I would miss seeing Ponta Del Gada once a year (at least!) :)!!

Later, Tim

IAH:

IAH sucks....but, oh well..it's a needed "hassle"

I remember somewhere that the shuttles ran from A-D-C-B. But, I can't find that anywhere.

I'd, admittedly, love an audience when I arrived. If I arrive before Julie and others, I can see waiting/stalking them. :D

Sea Days:

I *ADORE* sea days. The more the merrier here! Sure, it's nice to visit ports, but..hey...been there done that.. (And, when I was a kid, when we did transatlantics, our first and only stop was Southampton,so that's fine with me too!)

Barcelona/Staying:

Alas, Mark, I'm only staying one extra day due to work constraints, though my flight on Monday is in the afternoon. I'm planning to do some of the "bear" events on Sunday before I go, since that's a popular night for some of the discos. Sunday after we disembark, I plan to visit Park Guell and some other touristy things I've wanted to revisit. Where are you staying while you're in town?

Overall:

I'm just so pleased with the number of family and friends of family going on the cruise. I was skeptical at first, especially when other transatlantic threads are a little busier than ours, but it looks like an exceptional bunch of people will be cruising with us to Barcelona.

-Steve

It's kind of hard to tell from the terminal diagram where the shuttles would start and stop. Looks like the road in/out is in the 'middle' of the row of terminals.

What airline/terminal are you (Julie and Steve) coming into Sunday? Maybe we can just pick that one.

Steve, didn't know there is a bear event. I'll have to check it out. I'm staying ins the Ramblas (sp?) area. Hotel Continental.

See ya....Mark

It's kind of hard to tell from the terminal diagram where the shuttles would start and stop. Looks like the road in/out is in the 'middle' of the row of terminals.

What airline/terminal are you (Julie and Steve) coming into Sunday? Maybe we can just pick that one.

Steve, didn't know there is a bear event. I'll have to check it out. I'm staying ins the Ramblas (sp?) area. Hotel Continental.

See ya....Mark

Mark - if it's anything like before, probably Terminal C for me.

Yeah, there's a Bear Disco (from Midnight to 5am) on Sundays that's a lot of fun. It makes you wonder when anyone sleeps to go to work!

It's not too far from where you're staying. Probably a nice 15-20m walk, or a few Metro stops away. If you can get to Metro Universitat or Metro Passeig De Gracia (which might be closer), then it's an easy walk.

-Steve

Hi Guys,

Should we just decide on Terminal C then?? I don't care as long as I get to Galveston....Oh Galveston :) !!

Tim

Well, you know I'd love that! Do we want to do that or just wait and harass Julie?

I get in at 10:20, and I know she will be arriving 30 minutes later. Either way, the more the merrier. ;)

-Steve

Well, you know I'd love that! Do we want to do that or just wait and harass Julie?

I get in at 10:20, and I know she will be arriving 30 minutes later. Either way, the more the merrier. ;)

-Steve

How bout this? I'll bet they make you wait anyway!......I think you should just wait until I get there....Wouldn't want you two to get lost or anything!:D

Julie, you are scheduled in 30 mins later? Same terminal, C?

Hell if I know! LOL We are on Continental flight 530 out of El Paso, arriving at IAH, 10:43 am. How do I find out which terminal? Gosh I didn't know there were so many posts I didn't respond to! Sorry! I will answer them now. ;)

Hi Mark and Julie,

I remember the staff that was selling and organizing the transfers were fairly vague as more and more people showed up...with no buses in evidence!!

My guess is that 10:00 a.m. is their best guess when there will be enough people at all the various terminals to fill a bus. Nothing seemed very exact...which to me is always sort of a pain. I like to be punctual and I guess I expect it of others. If a certain time is given as a suggestion, then I will act accordingly :) !!

Later, Tim

Very true! I have never flown into IAH before, so I am not sure where we will end up!;)

Julie, you like to see your name in 'lights', huh?

My first thought is 'no' the PFB fetish doesn't hurt anyone but then I thought 'what if whenever you have one wrapped around your neck it makes you want to push someone overboard?' see how it could quickly turn into a problem?

Not really. Believe it or not, I am very shy in person and really don't feel comfortable sometimes meeting new people! This board offers anonymity....LOL

I did check some of those pics. It looks like they had a great time and really 'stood out' wherever they went.

Thanks Steve! I didn't think about them losing my luggage on the connection to Houston!! At least they will have 24 hours to get it to me if it happens.

I will be staying in Barcelona until Thursday. My first time and I'm excited. I was checking out Fodors online last night and will try to pick it up at the library this weekend. I think it is a great guide for visiting new places. Are you staying a few days?

See ya....Mark

:D LOL

IAH:

IAH sucks....but, oh well..it's a needed "hassle"

I remember somewhere that the shuttles ran from A-D-C-B. But, I can't find that anywhere.

I'd, admittedly, love an audience when I arrived. If I arrive before Julie and others, I can see waiting/stalking them. :D

STALKING? lol

Sea Days:

I *ADORE* sea days. The more the merrier here! Sure, it's nice to visit ports, but..hey...been there done that.. (And, when I was a kid, when we did transatlantics, our first and only stop was Southampton,so that's fine with me too!)

I get kind of water logged after about 4 days.......Will need large shopping excursion in Cadiz.....

Barcelona/Staying:

Alas, Mark, I'm only staying one extra day due to work constraints, though my flight on Monday is in the afternoon. I'm planning to do some of the "bear" events on Sunday before I go, since that's a popular night for some of the discos. Sunday after we disembark, I plan to visit Park Guell and some other touristy things I've wanted to revisit. Where are you staying while you're in town?

Do they have the bear events in Barcelona?

Overall:

I'm just so pleased with the number of family and friends of family going on the cruise. I was skeptical at first, especially when other transatlantic threads are a little busier than ours, but it looks like an exceptional bunch of people will be cruising with us to Barcelona.

-Steve

That's so nice that you think of us as family already! Hey, our roll call thread is super busy! This one is a little slow though. Do you think it's because new members/cruisers don't know to look for roll call threads over here? Speaking for myself, I can say that I am truly exceptional...ROTFLMAO, but I think you guys are going to be a ton of fun.....! :)

Hell if I know! LOL We are on Continental flight 530 out of El Paso, arriving at IAH, 10:43 am. How do I find out which terminal? Gosh I didn't know there were so many posts I didn't respond to! Sorry! I will answer them now. ;)

Julie -

So I'm stalking you. You'll be arriving in "C" as well. Which is good, since we'll be at the same place, just about 20 minutes apart!

-Steve

Julie -

So I'm stalking you. You'll be arriving in "C" as well. Which is good, since we'll be at the same place, just about 20 minutes apart!

-Steve

Steve,

How do you find out the terminal? We'll probably end up on the same bus! :D

Well...it is Continental (and not an international flight). Like today, your flight would have arrived at C-33, and mine at C-39. Practically gate buddies! :D

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US/apps/travel/flightstatus/ will show you the gate info for the past day...and it's been consistent with Terminal C.

-Steve

Archived