Roll call - Friends of Julie 4/23/07 Splendour TA

julieanne

Well...it is Continental (and not an international flight). Like today, your flight would have arrived at C-33, and mine at C-39. Practically gate buddies! :D

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US/apps/travel/flightstatus/ will show you the gate info for the past day...and it's been consistent with Terminal C.

-Steve

Oh, very cool! Make sure you wait for us! I will check the day before we go!:D

Hey there,

This is working out well for our 'meet' at terminal C. I'm planning on ~9:30am. Julie, we'll wait for you, unless the RCI bus arrives before you, then I'll see you on the ship.....:)

Mark

You got it! We'll see you at the pool bar if we miss you in the airport! I'd better get to packing this weekend! My father has had so many dr appts, I told him I prolly wouldn't even have time to pack if I don't do it soon! Did you see that one woman's post where she is only talking a rolling carryon for her TA? HA! I need one just for my makeup and curling iron! LOL!:eek:

I was just kidding Julie. If the bus gets there before you, we'll make him wait. I'll stand in front of it. Steve can distract the driver. Tim will look for you. How's that work for you?

I won't start packing/organizing until next weekend. Flying up to Hershey PA for Easter with my family this weekend.

I have a friend in Phila who does the 22" roll-on for any length of cruise. It is impressive but not for me. I will not overpack though and will definitely take advantage of the laundry service. I saw the prices and they don't look so bad for pants and shirts.

See ya.....Mark

I was just kidding Julie. If the bus gets there before you, we'll make him wait. I'll stand in front of it. Steve can distract the driver. Tim will look for you. How's that work for you?

See ya.....Mark

Well, or since I'd already be in the "secure passenger area", I could even wait a few minutes for Julie and the Gang. After all, I usually beat my luggage to the baggage claim area! :D

The $100 on-board "gift" is going for my laundry/pressing needs. Well, that, and maybe a round of drinks during sailaway!

-Steve

Well, or since I'd already be in the "secure passenger area", I could even wait a few minutes for Julie and the Gang. After all, I usually beat my luggage to the baggage claim area! :D

The $100 on-board "gift" is going for my laundry/pressing needs. Well, that, and maybe a round of drinks during sailaway!

-Steve

Great, we'll bring our laundry to your room! LOL Don't we always beat the luggage to the baggage claim area? However will you recognize me?:o

Julieanne, You will just have to wear a Pink Feather Boa:) !!

Tim

I don't think I need the extra weight and goodness knows, the rest of my clothes would probably be covered in pink feathers! Don't worry, I'll take a picture of what I am wearing and if I am not too dyslexic soon, I will post it!

I have had troubles uploading pics to the comment box! Any help out there from you guys? :eek:

Hi Julie,

Don't pack the PFB. Wear it. Everywhere. Steve is sure to spot you at the airport with that on. Even better would be if you can get your whole crew to wear them.

I'm having trouble posting a pic as well. I will try again with a separate post.

See ya...Mark

Pic from Feb family cruise on LOS. Little guy is my nephew and he refused to sign the release form:)

It seems to have worked. I uploaded the pic in the Additional Options box, Manage Attachments.

Mark

Very funny! Nope, no boas! You'll just have to recognize us as best you can! Now we know what you look like though......I am definitely going with the Markymark nickname........:cool:

yeah I'm sure we'll figure out who is who. OK - I do like it better than Sofie. I think that was an earlier one from Laurie.

Sofie? How the heck did she get that one? So, when do you "officially" leave your job?

Keith, I think, called Blanche from Golden Girls. I called Sophia and Laurie came up with Sofie. Very natural progression.

I'm giving notice next Thurs, one day after my 1 yr anniversary and Fri is my last day. I would have liked to give more notice, but doing it this way because of a 1-yr relocation commitment and the advice of 2 different lawyers to make it as 'clean' as possible.

Very difficult to be motivated to work at this point, and here I am on the boards!

I can't believe the trip is almost here!

Mark

Keith, I think, called Blanche from Golden Girls. I called Sophia and Laurie came up with Sofie. Very natural progression.

I'm giving notice next Thurs, one day after my 1 yr anniversary and Fri is my last day. I would have liked to give more notice, but doing it this way because of a 1-yr relocation commitment and the advice of 2 different lawyers to make it as 'clean' as possible.

Very difficult to be motivated to work at this point, and here I am on the boards!

I can't believe the trip is almost here!

Mark

Oh boy! I gather you really do not like the job! I was so relieved when I got rid of my j*&k of a boss a little over one year ago! We were going on a cruise in April and I finally had enough in March of 2006.......Needless to say, I was always on the boards! We're close now aren't we? WOOHOO! :D

Julie, I saw your post/name went to page 2 so I figured I better respond to get you back on top.

Yep, it's pretty bad and my boss has been saying for a year it will get better but it hasn't and I doubt it will unless there is a change in upper level mgt. So you had a simliar experience one year ago, huh?

I don't remember, you 'retired' or you started something new in NM?

We are getting super close!

See ya...Mark

Archived