NCL Star regular ports scheduled for 3/14

onegraham

Just talked with a very pleasant young lady, Samantha, from NCL. She said that the 3/06 cruise had to change itineraries "because of engine problems" and that the passengers were advised 3 days in advance. She checked for 3/14 (our cruise, yeah) and said that Acapulco was still listed as being on schedule.

We love cruising on NCL (the freestyle dining and casual attire plus the great staff) and just being on the boat will be great, but would like to know of changes ahead of time and need to be back in time to make the flight out of LAX.

We cruised on the Dawn out of NYC and had a great time. Good sailing to all.

jgraham Moab, Utah

Just talked with a very pleasant young lady, Samantha, from NCL. She said that the 3/06 cruise had to change itineraries "because of engine problems" and that the passengers were advised 3 days in advance. She checked for 3/14 (our cruise, yeah) and said that Acapulco was still listed as being on schedule.

We love cruising on NCL (the freestyle dining and casual attire plus the great staff) and just being on the boat will be great, but would like to know of changes ahead of time and need to be back in time to make the flight out of LAX.

We cruised on the Dawn out of NYC and had a great time. Good sailing to all.

jgraham Moab, Utah

Good luck with that! I just got off the Feb.26th sailing and no one was "advised of itinerary change" until already on the ship and 30 minutes before sail away. Just doesn't make a lot of sense to me if they already know that all the sailings for each week between now and yours on 3/14 are gonna have an altered itinerary change - why ONLY give a 3 day notice to these folks?! Why not go ahead and tell them now, so they can adjust their plans, cause I don't think 3 days is enough notice.

I hope you do get your itinerary and have a great cruise! I would suggest doing your research on the alternate ports, just in case, so that you can be prepared in the event that you do have your itinerary changed. I feel sorry for the future Star cruisers who are unaware of this awesome site and have no knowledge of these happenings. Thank God for this site!:D

It took a few weeks for the experts from the factory to board the ship. NCL took an insurance policy on the apizods, and won't schedule a drydock unless its absolutely necessary. I figure NCL is working the problem, and when the insurance company agrees to a drydock or fix the problem at sea, NCL will do so.

Apizods and diesels are large, bigger than most homes, and require much ataffolding to move the heavy equipment.

Archived