Zeebrugge / Bruges On Your Own

I will be on a cruise stopping in Zeebrugge where I am able to go on my own to Bruges.

My questions are:

1) Where is the train station in Zeebrugge where you can take the train into Bruges?

2) Is it close to where the ship docks?

3) Other than hiring a taxi or private transportation, what other mode of transportation is there where you can get to Bruges on your own?

4) I've heard that there are actually 2 train stations in Zeebrugge. Is this correct? If so, which one should one go to take the train to Bruges?

5) Do ships offer a shuttle from the pier to the train station in Zeebrugge?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

I will be on a cruise stopping in Zeebrugge where I am able to go on my own to Bruges.

My questions are:

1) Where is the train station in Zeebrugge where you can take the train into Bruges?

2) Is it close to where the ship docks?

3) Other than hiring a taxi or private transportation, what other mode of transportation is there where you can get to Bruges on your own?

4) I've heard that there are actually 2 train stations in Zeebrugge. Is this correct? If so, which one should one go to take the train to Bruges?

5) Do ships offer a shuttle from the pier to the train station in Zeebrugge?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Hi rienreiter,

Normally the shuttle from the ship goes to the seaside town of Blankenburge which is a mile or two to the Southwest. The shuttle sets you down by the railway station. You can get a train from here to Bruges and It takes 10 minutes and costs a few Euros. The train departs every hour at, I think 20 minutes past the hour. You will have to check this.

From the station in Bruges to the mainsquare is a 10 to 15 minute walk or a short taxi ride.

I hope that helps you

:):)Happy cruising:):)

Archived