Cruise Deposit Question?

Hi was looking at booking a cruise in December and I was wondering if anyone has booked a room for four and added passengers later to avoid paying the $250 pp deposit up front for the whole cabin. I was curious how that worked, and if you had problems with the price changing. I want to stretch paying for the cruise out longer. By paying the deposit I would be paying for more then half of the cruise up front. Any ideas? Does a travel agent work with you more or any other cruise lines.

Thank You

Grandprincess2005

If you are booking a holiday cruise, meaning Christmas or New Years. I'd recommend booking everyone WITH deposit NOW. They tend to sell out fast and are usually capacity controlled. Meaning they can and will limit how many cabins have 3 and 4 passengers in them.

If you're not booking during the holidays, you can try it but, I'm not sure how much luck you'll have - it's going to depend on how sold out the ship gets closer to your sailing date. Again, it has to do with capacity control.

Also a good travel agent works for you with all cruise lines, not just one in particular.

Sure, you can just book 2 people... but when you go to book the other 2, they may not have any quads left and then you are stuck... you may also have to pay the difference in price... you can't book a quad, without booking 4 people.

Archived