Greek Isles cruising

Looking for a good cruise line/cruise itinerary that sails the Greek Isles... can be other areas as well but want one that does a good job of the Greek Isles in particular. Appreicate any recommendations. Thanks!

HeinBloed's recommendations are European-based lines...which, depending on your tastes and preferences may be perfect or they may be not to your liking...

I, for one, like to stick to the American cruise lines...since I'm more comfortable with their services and style...

You might want to look into some of Oceania's offerings...we did a 14 night cruise with them this past July that was basically an Aegean itinerary, but also covered Italy and the Adriatic...on the Nautica...the itinerary was...

Istanbul (overnight), day at sea, Kusadasi, Rhodes, Mykonos/Delos, Athens, Santorini, day at sea, Taormina, Amalfi, Kotor, Dubrovnik, Venice (overnight)...

That, basically, gave us Athens plus three Greek Islands and two Turkish ports on the Aegean...then a stop in Sicily, one on the West Coast of Italy...and then a trip up the Adriatic with stops in Montenegro and Croatia before that ending in Venice...

I think it's a pretty good itinerary overall...

But, this year, they seem to have some that concentrate even more on the Aegean...like this one for August 21:

Ship: Nautica Sailing Date: August 21, 2007

Day Port Arrive Depart

1 Athens (Piraeus), Greece

2 Athens (Piraeus), Greece 6:00PM

3 Cruising The Lonian Sea

4 Dubrovnik, Croatia 8:00AM 4:00PM

5 Corfu, Greece 8:00AM 6:00PM

6 Katakolon, Greece 8:00AM 4:00PM

7 Santorini, Greece 8:00AM 6:00PM

8 Delos, Greece 8:00AM 12:00PM

8 Mykonos, Greece 2:00PM 10:00PM

9 Kusadasi, Turkey 8:00AM 6:00PM

10 Rhodes, Greece 8:00AM 6:00PM

11 Cruising The Dardanelles

12 Istanbul, Turkey 8:00AM

13 Istanbul, Turkey

Looks like that one gives you the two stops in Turkey (which are pretty fascinating, by the way) and Dubrovnik...but the bulk is in Greece: Athens, Corfu, Katakolon, Santorini, Delos/Mykonos and Rhodes...

If seeing Greece was my main objective...and I wanted a really nice cruise with GREAT FOOD AND SERVICE...and an "American" cruising style, I'd be likely to go with that one...

good luck...

Archived