Parking at Port of Los Angeles

I've done it lots of times...

What I usually do in that situation, is drive up to the main drop off area, drop off the luggage with whoever I'm traveling with...

Then go find a parking space...

Then, just walk from the car...

That's just my experience and what I do...;)

CJW

My folks live just 20 minutes from the pier. We have a friend drive us and drop us off, and pick us up when we return (using their car). We are too frugal to spend the money on port parking, but if you want to do it that way, the parking is convenient and secure.

This is what the San Pedro dock looks like ...

Overview.jpg

SanPedroaerial.jpg

To the right of the Monarch (top photo) or the Vision (bottom photo) is one parking lot. There is a shuttle from that lot to the cruise ship. To the left of the Monarch or Vision is a second lot. This lot does not offer a shuttle. Both charge the same amount per day. I know the one to the left takes credit cards. I assume the one to the right does also. You can drive around the lot on the left for free and drop off your luggage.

Let me know if you need any additional details.

We usually park in the parking lot with no problems. My hubby will usually do as Curt does: drop us off at the pier with the luggage, park the car, and then walk back.

The one time we didn't do this was for the last cruise. We figured we wouldn't be able to stuff 15 days of stuff in our sedan's trunks (including my hubby's guitar) so we hired a car to pick us up from the Valley.

Archived