Debarkation from the Cloud

buzzland

After 2 weeks in SouthWest Australia, the Cloud docked for an overnite in Fremantle, Australia. When it came time to disembark, the second day, there were no cabs in sight. The tour person at the pier informed us that they don't normally call taxis. When asked "why" her response was "because they are usually at the pier". We requested that the port agent call, as the folks still on board suggested would happen. Her reply, we don't usually do that. After a bit of a round and round, a call was made and a free for all ensued, as she had no idea who was waiting first.

We found this just one example of somewhat lackluster service "off board" as well as on board.

I noticed that your dates coincided with the two "Queens"....how was the view from Cloud of the events....I noticed they docked you in the boonies so can only assume it was so you could see down the harbour?

that those with suites on the "other" side of the ship had marvelous views of the fireworks and all that went on in the harbor. Alas... our suite was on the dock side... we had a lovely view of the docks :( and downtown Sydney. We did, however, enjoy the pandemonium as we entered the harbor (even though it wasn't for 'us')!

She was actually around the corner on Darling Harbour 3 as Robbier will attest. She was certainly there during the day that Mary was in.

I think you may find they moved her around to the OS terminal after QE11 left as it is by far a better berth with its Opera House and harbour brdige views. (Although we weren't in the city after E11 left

Archived