Ironing room aboard Splendour?

There are no ironing board rooms on any RCI ship. They have laundry/pressing service should you wish to use it. It's reasonably priced.

I pack all our clothes on hangers and then in dry cleaning bags. No wrinkles in them at all. Also, it makes it easier to unpack and repack. When we wear something it's then put into a fold up hamper so when we are packing to go home, only clean clothes are left on the hangers. The dirty ones all go into one suitcase and clean into another. I bought the hamper at a flea market for about $2. It's great and it folds flat in the bottom of the suitcase where it stays ready for the next trip.

Katie

There are NO self-service laundry or iron on RCCL. If you need something pressed they offer a great service and the costs are minimal. The ironing is 1/2 the cost of dry cleaning and they do a great job. You give the items to your steward one day and they are back the next day by 4. They do not allow irons to be brought on board.

Great, thanks for the responses! I did buy a steamer and will press before we go, but I do love my travel iron. Will I have to go to the "naughty room" and retrieve my luggage sans iron if I pack it?

It could happen, but even if not, play safe and leave it at home, irons are a fire hazard and they are even mentioned by the Captains during Muster drill. For the safety of all don´t take it.

Archived