Portofino Formal Dress Code Information

Dress Suggestion s.gif

We suggest smart casual attire in Portofino - jackets and ties for men, dresses or pantsuits for women. On formal evenings, formal attire is also appropriate in the restaurant; which includes suits and ties or tuxedos for men and cocktail dresses for women. s.gif

I've copied and pasted the above info from the RCCL website FAQ. It might be helpful to those who have asked what the code was for formal night in Portofino.

On the right side of the Cruise Compass (in very tiny print), under the specialty restaurant name Portofino, it listed the code as well for our 5 day Explorer cruise recently.

Personally, I never care what people wear, so it doesn't matter to me. I'm just furnishing true info that people have asked for. HAPPY CRUISING! ;)

That may be what is posted on their website, however the dress code in the Specialty Restaurants, in our experience, has always been Smart Casual. In fact, one of my brother-in-laws wore jeans, however I didn't realize until we were leaving. The food still tasted the same :eek:

###

Like I already said, I don't care what anyone wears at all. None of my business, but as you know people ask and get a wrong answer, and that's not fair to them if they can't find out a real answer.

One poster was told that she would be overdressed on formal night in Portofino. That's wrong.

Like I already said, I don't care what anyone wears at all. None of my business, but as you know people ask and get a wrong answer, and that's not fair to them if they can't find out a real answer.

One poster was told that she would be overdressed on formal night in Portofino. That's wrong.

I agree with you 100% :)

###

On our cruise last week on NOS we went to Portofino's the night we renewed our vows. I was in a long white dress and my husband had on his tux because of the ceremony. We felt totally 100% comfortable but I noticed there were people that had on t-shirts and few in nice jeans. I asked someone about it and they said they recently changed the dress code rule to allow people who weren't comfortable dressing up the experience. Not sure if every ship OR every week is like that but that is our experience.

On our cruise last week on NOS we went to Portofino's the night we renewed our vows. I was in a long white dress and my husband had on his tux because of the ceremony. We felt totally 100% comfortable but I noticed there were people that had on t-shirts and few in nice jeans. I asked someone about it and they said they recently changed the dress code rule to allow people who weren't comfortable dressing up the experience. Not sure if every ship OR every week is like that but that is our experience.

Congratulations on vow renewals! DH and I did that again and now we are REALLY married (4 times in 45 years) hahahaha.:D

Oh, I do hope that Portofino has started allowing more casual dress on formal nights...My husband doesn't like to wear a suit or tux. We might be booking seperate cabins for our grandsons and their fiances & they will be VERY happy to hear that!!;) HAPPY CRUISING!

Congratulations on vow renewals! DH and I did that again and now we are REALLY married (4 times in 45 years) hahahaha.:D

Oh, I do hope that Portofino has started allowing more casual dress on formal nights...My husband doesn't like to wear a suit or tux. We might be booking seperate cabins for our grandsons and their fiances & they will be VERY happy to hear that!!;) HAPPY CRUISING!

On our Radiance cruise in February we ate in Portofinos one formal night and Chops the other. There was a mix of "smart casual" and formal in both restaurants. About half the people dressed formally and the other half more casually. I don't think that you would have felt out of place either way.

Archived