carnival cabins to avoid

ttor55

I am concerned about staying in this room...not sure if anyone has any experience?? I have been going back and forth about upgrading to a balcony but I just don't know what to do. Its our Honeymoon and 1st cruise so I want it to be as perfect as possible! I am a VERY light sleeper...

OK..I booked this cabin not realizing about the anchor noise, but once I found out I thought "oh-well- it will be our wake up call when in port", besides the cabin appears to be twice as large as the other inside cabins, even though it's on the outside of the ship (not a porthole room).

Quite excited that it's a bigger size, but have now come to find out that it is sometimes used as a handicapped room. I don't want to take a room that someone in a wheelchair may need, but I also don't want to be bumped out of my larger room into a smaller inside cabin if they need it.

Sounds selfish I know, but if I get the call from Carnival, can they make me move and if so, is it only to another cabin within my category? The idea of moving up in categories is not appealing to me uless it to an OV or a balcony. Upper floors mean nothing to me.

I always wanted an aft cabin so last fall my DH and I choose an aft cabin on deck 8. I was very disappointed in the cabin. the noise in the morning from the crew moving the furniture out for the day is like thunder, and I am a very heavy sleeper. our cabin had a whistle the entire 8 days from the balcony door. one of the crew told us the seal on the door was broken, but the steward and one of the maint. staff that we called said no they aft balcony doors were like that. Because the door did not seal properly the air did not kick on because it always thought our door was open. I had also hoped that the bed would be set up to actually be able to lay and enjoy the view but its not. I would not do it again, its not worth the extra money but I would stay in a balcony on the 8th deck just on the side of the ship. very nice to walk up one flight of stairs and be in the adult area. we are traveling this oct on the miracle and someone we are with booked the cabin next to the one we had last year, it will be interesting to see if it indeed is all aft balcony doors.

:confused: My DH and I are booked on the miracle in an interior cabin with french doors. seems like a funny cabin to me but I paid an interior price and have an option of light and air not a view, unless you like lifeboats. can anyone give me their opinion on this cabin, i am considering asking to change to an OV on the rivera deck.

to be honest, any cabin you pick should be perfect it is your honeymoon. balconies are very nice and are fun to sit on when going in and out of ports. but to be honest one of my favorite cabins has been an OV on the rivera deck. 1106 it is easy to get on and off the boat at ports of call no waiting for elevators and it was close to the main theatre and comedy club. enjoy your honeymoon!!!

I love the water and just wanted to be able to sit on the balcony at gaze out at the ocean! Sounds like I will be ok if I look OUT and not down! LOL How do you know if there are cabins above and below you? I am so new to this...:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

We had a balcony #6437 on the Magic last year. On the sea days the balcony was to smokey when the grills on the deck below were going. It seemed to settle on the balcony and when you opened the door it came right in the room. Non sea days it was perfect and as soon as the grill was turned off it cleared out.

Archived