carnival cabins to avoid

ttor55

To the Legend 8123 question... I just stayed in 8140 last week (across the hall) and I thought the cabin itself was fine except you will be a long walk or a long elevator ride from just about everything except the food on the lido deck. I feared it would be noisier with the lido deck right above us, but it was no worse than other cabins i've been in.

Also I noticed on the Legend that cabin like, 8204, was across from an AC closet and it was the most horrendous noise i've ever heard. I don't know how those people slept.

We had chosen to go with a guarantee and ended up on the empress deck,which I love, in room 7442, an aft cabin. Personally I would never chose an aft cabin if I had the choice. I felt the cabin itself was smaller(it may not have been but it seemed smaller) the balcony was more narrow and you couldn't sit outside becasue there wasn't a bit of a breeze at anytime during the day. It was soooo hot. I liked looking out the back but IMO I would prefer seeing the side sights.

The room itself was very quiet, no elevator traffic or running kids to deal with. So in that respect I was very pleased. And it being on the Empress you didn't have any public area above you. We did have the occassional cigarette butt in the am but that wasn't to much of an issue.

Our last cruise was a shortie out of Long Beach on the Paradise.

We had booked an "Inside Guarantee" but were....ahem...."upgraded" to an Ocean View. The Ocean View room we got was R-248 on the Riviera Deck....the VERY LAST passenger cabin before the restricted area at the rear of the boat.

We have no idea what was in that restricted area, but whatever it was, it was noisy. It sounded as if a bowling ball was being dropped from about 8 feet, falling upon a metal deck.....every 4 to 5 seconds. All. Night. Long.

You'd be surprised what you can sleep through if you are tired enough, but I would recommend avoiding that room if at all possible.

Overall, my cruise on the Destiny was wonderful! My husband and I had a blast going on all of the shore excursions. However, each and every single night, at right around 3:30 in the morning, there was this very loud and exhausting noise that happened. It made our bed and walls shake. We called the pursers desk every night when it happened. They gave us little hope in getting the problem fixed. We always just heard "we're trying to figure out what it is so we can fix it." In the end, they ended up giving us a bottle of wine with one of our meals, a bottle of champagne in our room (although it wasn't opened or prepared for us so we still have it). They also did give us a credit for 10% off of our next cruise since we had to endure not one complete nights sleep. Needless to say, we dreaded going to sleep each night. But, we did make the most of the rest of our vacation, and still had a blast! We were in cabin 1195 (interior room). We will never cruise in a room that low again!

• 1 month later...
Hi everyone, We will be on the Pride in Oct. Were in 8157 Panorama deck. Does anyone know anything on how good or bad this room is? I would appreciate anything you can give me. Thankyou, Debbie :)

Ok. I'll answer my own question just in case someone gets 8157 on the Pride. 8157 was a great room. No noise at all while we slept. You would hear the occasional dragging of the chairs during the day, but it was no problem and it didn't even bother us. It was a great cabin. It was very quiet while we slept. We kept the door open at night and the waves hitting the ship just soothed us to sleep. Sleeping at night with the door opened was much more comfortable than sleeping with the air on cause the air never seemed to turn off even when we raised the air. They say the air turns off when you open the door to the balcony. No it doesn't. At least it didn't turn off in cabin 8157. Over all we had no complaints. If we ever go on the Pride again I would ask for this room again. Debbie :D

Sheri, I have to ask...

Why is there this huge blank space at the bottom of your posts? I end up scrolling and scrolling to get down to the next one. Some people seem to have this white space and others don't. It's almost like there should be a countdown clock that isn't appearing.

Just wondering if it's me (my computer doesn't always seem to display things like they should be displayed).

Sorry to go off-topic!

how about Miracle cabins #7300.....#8229....#7195 & 7199 they are extnended balconies.....

you got all good cabins with 7300 being the best for the views.

283578778xGRsek_th.jpg

your other balconies will be bigger though.

8229 is under the buffet area but shouldnt be bothered by noise as it is carpeted.

should I change my cabin 8229 to a better location? there are still plenty of openings

not at all. IF you moved a little bit further aft youwould get scrappings of the chairs 24-7 it is a good location

We stayed in R144 on the Sensation and were woke up twice in the middle of the night by mechanical metal clanking and vibrating directly below us. It vibrated into the bed. Someone else said they thought they read something similar on another ship. I did a search on 'R144' and found it. It was a different ship, but the same cabin number and a very similar description of the noises. Weird, but I would stay away from that cabin number.

FN

Archived