carnival cabins to avoid

ttor55

• 3 weeks later...

My Husband & I are going on the Triumph on Jan 5th, 08 and we have a mini sweet room 7312, anything on that location? Just wondering, this will be our 1st cruise and don't know much about this stuff, thank goodness for this board.

is a connecting cabin. the door is located down by your window. You have covertible sofa bed--the cabin holds two people.

Its located under the gally- you MIGHT hear rolling carts.

if you go to carnival web site--click on funships- valor then state rooms-- clicking on the oceanview will show you what the cabin will look like

did you have this room serene? I was told this room would hold 3 people that is how many are in this room. Do you think I will have any problems

I personally like the lower decks, there is less motion if the seas are a little rough. However, the closer you get to the front or back of the ship the more you will hear either anchor noises or Azipod/Thruster noises. This was very evident on my Glory Cruise, I had a 1A near the end of the ship and could hear the Azipods chruning as we were doing 360's in the water on a night

@ sea. Don't know why, maybe a test maybe just for fun in the Capitans chair, but the rumble was loud and the TV GPS showed everything little circles in the middle of the ocean. It finally quit @ midnight.

As for teh Front os the ship. You will not need a wake-up call or alarm clock you WILL BE WOKEN up by the anchor noises every time

W()w! I Have Read Alot About The Cabins From Hell! If Anyone Has Been In 6454 Valor (very Back End Of Ship-aft) I Would Really Apprecate Your Input--we Sail 3/16/08. Thanks In Advance!:)

Yes, very aft with a 2 twins/king and a convertable sofa.

You may here the beat of the music from the aft lounge below but it's really not that bad, sounds louder in the hall, then in the cabin.

Your Balcony will be deeper but you will be able to see all you neighbors because of the slanted dividers.

Don't sit outside late at night, you will get wet, they clean the Panorama deck then blow the water off the back of the ship, getting the aft balconies wet, the good news is, decks 8 & 7 will get more wet then you.

I personally like the lower decks, there is less motion if the seas are a little rough. However, the closer you get to the front or back of the ship the more you will hear either anchor noises or Azipod/Thruster noises. This was very evident on my Glory Cruise, I had a 1A near the end of the ship and could hear the Azipods chruning as we were doing 360's in the water on a night

@ sea. Don't know why, maybe a test maybe just for fun in the Capitans chair, but the rumble was loud and the TV GPS showed everything little circles in the middle of the ocean. It finally quit @ midnight.

As for teh Front os the ship. You will not need a wake-up call or alarm clock you WILL BE WOKEN up by the anchor noises every time

We just changed a sailing to a differnet ship. All that were left were inside cabins. Not the greatest choices either. WE have 6 in our group and it was much cheaper to go with 3 1A's (with 2 people each) than to get 2 regular insides (with 3 people each). We took U167, U169, and U171. Upper deck on the Imagination. We have never stayed in a 1A or this far AFT. PYRD, was this the only time you heard noise? When the captian was being silly:eek: and was doing 360's:o ?

Anyone else stayed in the AFT 1A's? How was the noise and motion?

THANKS!

I hate to complain, but the noise was terrible in cabin 8370. This room is just under Rosie's resturant which is on the Lido deck. The folks must be cleaning and re-stocking all hours after 12 am on up until 5 am. We would hear chairs being dragged, charts rolling. I would sometimes go outside to the balcony to relax and get some sleep ( the sound of the water as the ship rolled along was very relaxing), one night I just got up and had glass of wine, with this I relaxed and just dosed off again.

The sounds from the thrusters also rumbled every port morning, not as loud as the anchor sounds but alarm clock rated also. I think you know I was describing my two times on the Glory as being seperate cruises. So I came in contact with the situations each time.

Hope that helps.

This cruise on the 29th is on the Triumph near the back of the ship in the Super Special 1A's with Picture Windows and larger rooms...YEAH!!!

I'll let you know the noise level of those also when I return.

pryd

Cabin 8426 on Glory was pretty loud. This is right under the Lido deck Pizzeria seating area and you hear chairs being dragged across the floor ALL night. I was able to sleep but it kept my son and husband awake.

We managed to change rooms - the Pursers office was great! - and we switched to cabin 9269 - ahhh, it was blissfully quiet up there.

Buzzsmom

What was awful was the cigarette butts on the balcony floor in the morning,

the ice cream cones I found now and then

and the piece of pizza which landed nicely on our lounge chiar.

So much for instructions not to throw anything overboard.

Kids, I guess! - well..not the cigarette butts

The sounds from the thrusters also rumbled every port morning

This cruise on the 29th is on the Triumph near the back of the ship in the Super Special 1A's with Picture Windows and larger rooms...YEAH!!!

I'll let you know the noise level of those also when I return.

pryd

Thanks so much! By the time we are getting into port, we should be awake anyway.

Cant wait to hear about the special 1A. Wonder how long they will keep them as 1A's?

We took U167, U169, and U171. Upper deck on the Imagination. We have never stayed in a 1A or this far AFT.

Anyone else stayed in the AFT 1A's? How was the noise and motion?

I've stayed in Fantasy Class aft 1As on both Upper and Empress decks. In all cases, I found there was no more noise, or vibration, than anywhere else on the ship. I know that some are fearful of doing the Empress deck rooms, since they are directly below the aft dining room, but since that DR is not used for breakfast of lunch, it really never became and issue. I also like the layout of those inner-hallway rooms.

I've stayed in Fantasy Class aft 1As on both Upper and Empress decks. In all cases, I found there was no more noise, or vibration, than anywhere else on the ship. I know that some are fearful of doing the Empress deck rooms, since they are directly below the aft dining room, but since that DR is not used for breakfast of lunch, it really never became and issue. I also like the layout of those inner-hallway rooms.

Thanks! Cant wait to try them out!

Do you happen to remember what was in front of cabin U167? As you come up the aft stairs, there is a small white box then cabin 167. Not a "biggie" to know, just wondering.

I just received our documents showing our room to be on the aft side, #7329. With this being our first cruise I am not familiar with the lay out of the ship. Does anyone know of any problems in this room assigment.

I haven't been on that ship but this might help you out. I see it's almost in the back of the ship. Have a WONDERFUL cruise!

http://www.carnival.com/Deck_Plan.aspx?shipCode=SP

Archived