carnival cabins to avoid

ttor55

Just read a really horrible review about the cabin I chose for Pride, 6260. Am I worried about the back of the ship falling off??? Are you freaking kidding me??? That is why I go on a ship, I want to know I'm on a ship. I would stay in a hotel if I wanted stable (unless if you are going to where I'm from, SF Bay Area, earthquakes happen). Ships move and they make noises. They are ocean going vessels. You really need to realize this before you get on a ship. If you are not prepared for that fact, go to Las Vegas or a Disney campus. I love hearing the creaking and "ship sounds" onboard. Sings me to sleep.

Just read a really horrible review about the cabin I chose for Pride, 6260. Am I worried about the back of the ship falling off???

I've got to go find that thread:eek:

6260 is a great cabin!

Did no one tell them the ship would on the ocean and there would be movement?

on the miracle we stayed in 6262. i didnt hear nothing...guess when i am on vaction i am dead to the world.

some people report back its too loud back there--but i'd like to know the difference betwwen the "noise" back there compared to the sides. we were still able to have nice conversation normally and hear one another.

Well I too had NO love of my AFT cabin on the Valor 7449. We sailed in 2005 and took the AFT because I had never had an AFT cabin and two because of all the people that told me it was best place to be on the ship. Yes, I loved watching the wake in the water as we sailed along and I also enjoy the high seas duriing our last day at sea during (Katrina). What was aweful was the cigarette butts on the balcony floor in the morning, the ice cream cones I found now and then and the pice of pizza which landed nicely on our lounge chiar. Despite all that we loved the Valor and had a great time.

Hadn't considered this when I booked two aft cabins on glory. Hope its not quite this bad.

Please don't think I am slamming the reviewer for their remarks. I always appreciate an honest review and am very grateful for it. The full review can be found on the Cruise Review section at the top of the main page by Sandra Cason.

This is what Sandra said: "Being on the back of the ship was horrible. On the way home we could hardly sleep because it was so loud. I do not recommend the back of the ship. No joke, it was so loud that I thought the back of the ship was going to fall into the water. We were so afraid that we called the pursers desk. They sent a maintenance guy to check it out but that guy was useless. Other than that the trip was great."

This is just an excerpt from her review, that concerned me, as it is relative to the cabin I have chosen for my cruise. I am not picking on the review(er), it just made me have second thoughts on my choice (for a second).

Keeping 6260, knowing the risks. I'll be sure to let you know my experience.

While we adored our cabin steward and the cabin itself was awesome, the location was terrible for one reason.... We were the cabin directly above the gangplank they use when in port. Each time they dropped it down (usually early morning), it sounded as though the ship had been torpedoed!.....I mean it was loud! The good part was that we just had to go out our door, down a flight of stairs and we were off the ship.

• 4 weeks later...

First I want to bump this back up as I found it very informative.

Second, Does anyone know if on Legend (or Spirit,Pride, Miracle) rooms 5107/5105 are bad/noisy? They're above the backstage area of the show lounge & a few doors from Camp Carnival (but the entrance seems to be on the level below from what I remember & can tel).

thanks much!

Guess you need to switch jobs.

I just came back to this thread. Adaleyldaley, are you always so kind, or is this just for me? I was merely posting that from my experience, this particular suite on this class of ship is not worth the money due to the obstruction, and was hoping to save someone else from what happened to me. The name of this thread is cabins to avoid, and I was contributing and trying to help. What is your problem?

Has anybody stayed in one of the cabins behind the first set of elevators ... the set of 3 on each side and then the glass elevators are near there , too? I need to know if the thick wall facing cabin 6272 is just a wall, or is it a steward's space or ice machine? Also, was there a lot of traffic going right in front of this cabin due to so many elevators in that area, or not many people tended to walk forward from there?

Thanks you.

I'm trying to find out the samething because we will be traveling on the Fantasy in October and have booked U159. There's also a white space across from our room. I'm wondering if we need to switch. Try this website to see if it helps you any. http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/shipscarnival.php

Click on your ship's name then on the next page click on "Cabin Details by deck"

We have never had a problem with being near the elevators, they have a wall that seems to block things, I am concerned however as to where the ice makers are. We are booked on 7406 and 7408 on the Freedom. They are near the elevators, but also a white block area just in front of us, Could that be the Ice machine?

Also, can anyone tell me how to find out where the self service laundry room is? Thanks!

FacilitiesIce and Soda Vending Machines: across from cabins: 7411 and 7334Launderettes: across from cabins: 7337 and 7339 (2-3 washers; 2 -3 dryers; 1 ironing board/iron; soap dispenser machines)

12 pages and nothing on the Main Deck for the Conquest. :o Looks like we are going to be just at the back part of the stage, underneath. As long as they are not practicing after midnight, I'm cool. And I'm an early riser.

So - just how thin are the walls of the cabins? LOL I've got another cabin with 2 uppers next to us... I don't want to make any parents with kids uncomfortable. LOL

Be wary of some of the AFT cabins on deck 6 (Conquest class ships) as a few are directly above a lounge - with an audible THUMP THUMP THUMP until the wee hours. Those cabins which are FULLY aft don't appear to have a problem - but several cabins forward of those can have this problem. Our son was in an interior (6471 or 6475) and the noise could not be missed (or easily dismissed!)

Tom

We had the same problem last year in two interior cabins. I made sure this year what was above and below our cabin.

I just called Carnival and asked about what was across my room on the Fantasy room U159 and she said nothing. It was just a wall and it should be really quiet. Do you think that sounds right?

Personally, I wouldn't take that as an accurate answer. The white spaces you see aren't usually 'just walls'. They need that space for storage, ice/soda machines, laundry, copy machines, etc. On the Triumph, they had a whole printing area set up for the Capers in one of the white areas. It was loud and hot. They had music going and they were laughing and talking. It wasn't near my cabin, so I don't know what hours they used it, but it was there.

Your best bet is to ask around on the boards or book another cabin if you're concerned about what might be there. Better to be safe than sorry. :)

So - just how thin are the walls of the cabins? LOL I've got another cabin with 2 uppers next to us... I don't want to make any parents with kids uncomfortable. LOL

I haven't been on the Conquest, but I can tell you that on the Triumph the cabin next to ours had 2 very rambuctious children in it. We could hear them only occasionally through the walls.....when they were throwing what sounded like a fit or if they were banging up against the wall. Otherwise, the only time we heard them was when they had their cabin door open yelling and we were in the hallway. It honestly wasn't bad at all.

Go and enjoy yourself! :D

I just called Carnival and asked about what was across my room on the Fantasy room U159 and she said nothing. It was just a wall and it should be really quiet. Do you think that sounds right?

I wouldnt take the answer you get from by calling carnival set in stone. Most of those people never even took a cruise before. I agree with Gumbalz--ask on the carnival board to see what answers you get. those people are the most knowledgable in this kind of situation

Vellamint, if you're referring to the white area that appears to be 'on top of' that cabin in the photo (the area shaped like a block 'T'), it could be anything that's been listed previously. Here's a quote from a previous post: The white spaces you see aren't usually 'just walls'. They need that space for storage, ice/soda machines, laundry, copy machines, etc.

Unless someone has been on that ship and knows firsthand what's located in that area, you're safe to assume it could be something noisy or busy. If I had to choose between the 4 cabins showing in the center of that photo, I'd choose either 7287 or 7293.

Good luck and have fun on your cruise! :)

Vellamint, if you're referring to the white area that appears to be 'on top of' that cabin in the photo (the area shaped like a block 'T'), it could be anything that's been listed previously. Here's a quote from a previous post: The white spaces you see aren't usually 'just walls'. They need that space for storage, ice/soda machines, laundry, copy machines, etc.

Unless someone has been on that ship and knows firsthand what's located in that area, you're safe to assume it could be something noisy or busy. If I had to choose between the 4 cabins showing in the center of that photo, I'd choose either 7287 or 7293.

Good luck and have fun on your cruise! :)

Yes - thank you that was what I was asking....our kids are booked into this room and it cant be changed now but at least one of them brings a small fan which will (hopefully) block out noise :(

Don't be sad Vellamint. You might never hear anything from that mysterious white area. There's just no way to really tell. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it will be quiet for your kids! :)

If, when you get onboard, you see that there's an ice machine in that area next to that cabin...you might want to show your kids and let them hear it so they'll know what it is in the middle of the night and won't get scared. Just an idea.

Don't be sad Vellamint. You might never hear anything from that mysterious white area. There's just no way to really tell. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it will be quiet for your kids! :)

If, when you get onboard, you see that there's an ice machine in that area next to that cabin...you might want to show your kids and let them hear it so they'll know what it is in the middle of the night and won't get scared. Just an idea.

What a sweetheart you are! Thank you for your kind, thoughtful advice. (sometimes hard to come by around here)

Archived