carnival cabins to avoid

ttor55

That is just disgusting and horrible! I can't believe that happened to you I am sorry! We had a balcony on the Miracle and no problems but now that starts to worry me a little...really I can't believe people do that! They DO say NOT to throw cigarettes overboard as they could cause a fire...maybe you had one horrible family or something I dont know because there are ashtrays everywhere and you don't even have to clean up your own food just leave it so why are people wasting time throwing things overboard! Terrible!

Just got off the Valor. Aft Cabin 8454. No debris, no butts, no pizza on balcony. The rear pool on the lido (directly above) is enclosed by Plexi. Barely heard any noise from above. once or twice while I was awake I heard a chair scrape on the deck above. wasn't loud enough to wake me. Worst part was neighbors who couldn't quite figure out how to hold on to their balcony door and instead let it SLAM for 2 days until I asked them to hold it while it shut (no more noise). Only complaint was that I had to clean my own plexi on the balcony so I could watch the ports as we sailed away.

help! it's right under the Lido deck near the "Old Glory" and down the ways underneath the Turquoise lido. what do you think? I'm a light sleeper and I can hear the neighbor's phone ring :eek: will this be a problem?

We had cabin 8448 on the Valor, we had no butts on our balcony but we did have adults (about 20) lighting cloth napkins on fire and tossing them off the back of the ship, which our cabin was directly below that. We also has a drunk throw up off the back of the ship and yep, you guessed it, landed all over our balcony, chairs and everything.

I felt really bad having to call the cabin Steward to clean it up.

okay...so I changed rooms, Glory, Verandah deck, 8292, but it seems like something is on top of it....a white unnamed area on the Lido deck. should I keep it?

That cabin will be fine, the white area you see above it would be the stepped up seating area for the lounge chairs, sold cement so i doubt you will hear anything and you are not all the way under it.

That cabin will be fine, the white area you see above it would be the stepped up seating area for the lounge chairs, sold cement so i doubt you will hear anything and you are not all the way under it.

thx, that's a relief! :D

OK now you are al making me a little concerned about our cruise... we have an Aft cabin 8457 on the Liberty in May.... should I change our room???

Cigpooh, We are in this same room and leave in one week, on May 6th. So I can give you a first hand report when we get back.

We are sailing on the Miracle in July and have cabins 4118 and 4120. It seems like the theater should not bother us, but I am just noticing that we are above Sam's. How much sleep am I going to lose being over a piano bar? Thanks!!

Can anyone tell me.... how noisy is it under Lido deck. Panorama Deck mid ship on the Spirit class ships? Still time to go a deck lower to Verandah.

Thanks !

Happy Cruising, Sea YA !!!

If you go to Verandah deck, stay away from 7197, I speak from a painful experience on this one! lol but true :D

Cigpooh, We are in this same room and leave in one week, on May 6th. So I can give you a first hand report when we get back.

topcat I am looking forward to your review...... Please let me know how it is when you return!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

U6 last week on the Inspiration was absolutly awesome!

We got all the peace we were looking for! They also did a free room decoration for us for our anniversary that was put up so nicely. It never got in the way! It was so quiet there! LOVED IT!

Be blessed, be a blessing! :p

Stay away! I booked balc guar. and I can see why I got stuck in this room, as no sane person would want it. It is "obstructed" view and it has an orange lifeboat on either side partially blocking the balcony, but what I didn't know is that the space in the middle is also blocked by white painted metal ladder/railings to GET to the lifeboats, IMO the view just stunk!

Can anyone tell me.... how noisy is it under Lido deck. Panorama Deck mid ship on the Spirit class ships? Still time to go a deck lower to Verandah.

Thanks !

Happy Cruising, Sea YA !!!

We had cabin 8144 on the Spirit Southbound Alaska. You could hear chairs and tables scraping across the floor, but not too much. Keep in mind this was Alaska, so not too many partying people or poolside activity. You could hear it more on the balcony than in the room.

Suzy

If you book a guarentee, and get stuck in one of these dreaded cabins, dont you have to take what is given too you?

We weren't. We booked GTY on the Celebration and were given M3. We were told that it was a LOUD cabin and we really didn't want that. SO....we called in and asked if they could switch us. They offered us another cabin on the Riviera deck, or offered to put us back in the "pool" to be selected for a cabin. We ended up getting an oceanview on the upper deck.

Maybe we just got lucky, but......thank goodness!

Stay away! I booked balc guar. and I can see why I got stuck in this room, as no sane person would want it. It is "obstructed" view and it has an orange lifeboat on either side partially blocking the balcony, but what I didn't know is that the space in the middle is also blocked by white painted metal ladder/railings to GET to the lifeboats, IMO the view just stunk!

So... are you going to book a guarantee again?

Tom

did you book a suite gurantee?? The deck plans clearly mark certain cabins on this class of ship are obstructed- for that reason I dont think I would take a chance-- there isnt that many suites.

based on the floor plan, it looks like you're next to a stairwell.

It is....it's a crew stairwell. We were in 2444 (same layout, other side) and never heard anything from it. The only use I saw on that stairwell was during the muster drill. They opened it up and let us use it to get up to our muster station. :)

Definitely a cabin NOT to avoid! If you can get it, go for it! It's a great deal!

Archived