carnival cabins to avoid

ttor55

We had 8445 on the Conquest and did not notice any noise problem. Only cabin that I have heard a lot of noise from was 6453 and it was coming up from the Blues piano bar. Couldn't sleep over the noise, so we went to the bar until closing for the rest of the cruise.:)

We had 8445 on the Conquest and did not notice any noise problem. Only cabin that I have heard a lot of noise from was 6453 and it was coming up from the Blues piano bar. Couldn't sleep over the noise, so we went to the bar until closing for the rest of the cruise.:)

What a great way to deal with the problem! :)

I don't think you will have any problems with that cabin, it is near the elevators, which is a good thing and aft of the elevators tends to stay real quiet with not much hall traffic noice, i have not had that exact cabin but my DB had one just a few forward from you (r199) I spend alot of time in it a never heard a thing, there also seamed to be pleanty of room in it the way the bed configuration was.

Thanks for the info!:p

just thougth I would let ya know a tip, my husband is a snorer!! And I always use those smushy yellow ear plugs, I find them in the hunting dept at

wally-mart!! they work great for cutting out annoying noises and I sleep better, use them everynite. ya might try those!!!

I second Ttor55's comments on cabin 8445 - I stopped in to visit them and I can't imagine trying to sleep with the constant noise from above. I can't believe they didn't use sound insulating subfloor above cabins and particularly where there is a 24 food access going on!

Now y'all have me worried. I've just upgraded to a aft wrap balcony on the Conquest (9A - 6452). It's directly above the Degas Lounge. Has anyone been in this cabin?

We have stayed in 6483 and 6452 (both corners) on the Glory - and never had any issues with noise. The noise problems begin just forward of those cabins.

Tom

We have stayed in 6483 and 6452 (both corners) on the Glory - and never had any issues with noise. The noise problems begin just forward of those cabins.

Who's my new best friends? Tom-n-Cheryl for giving me the good news. :D

Really thanks. I've obsessed over switching to a wrap (for an extra $420!?@!) and did NOT want to find out it was a bad choice.

THANKS TOM-N-CHERYL!

Still haven't found the answer to this question: Cabins 6270,6272, 6274 on upper deck, right across from the back of the elevators. Does anybody know what the white space is directly across from these cabins? Is it any type of service room , or just a blank wall?

MrDood: I know you stayed here in this area... do you remember? Anybody else?

Tank you!

We were on Valor two years ago (8343) and were directly across from the elevators and the service room. We never heard any noise from people or the service room. These were not atrium elevators, but they were heavily used. I heard more noise at 6 a.m. every day when they were cleaning the deck and moving chairs around in the buffet! Lucky for me, I'm an early riser and DH can sleep through anything! LOL One other thing - noisy neighbors! I was more annoyed by them (on both sides!) than the noise above!

Looking at a picture of the ship, I see that you are above the shops & sports bar. I suspect you won't hear much noise there because the sports bar really wasn't the hopping bar and the shops don't open too early. You might hear a little noise from the showroom, but I think you are high enough that you won't hear much.

We're on Conquest in November on the Lido and the only thing above or below us is cabins and my friends are on either side of us. I've already warned them that I will be able to hear them if they are loud! ;)

Looks like 8347 is under a bar. hope it works out for you.

When I choose a cabin, I make sure it is always above and below cabins and away from elevators.

For example, when booking 4 balcony cabins, we could have taken a free upgrade to an 8D, but chose to hand pick two 8B and two 8C cabins. No surprises that way.

I have never had any cabin surprises.

I'm with you. I've only been on one cruise, and I hand picked my cabin; and did the same for my upcoming cruise. No cabin surprises for me.

Still haven't found the answer to this question: Cabins 6270,6272, 6274 on upper deck, right across from the back of the elevators. Does anybody know what the white space is directly across from these cabins? Is it any type of service room , or just a blank wall?

MrDood: I know you stayed here in this area... do you remember? Anybody else?

Tank you!

I have those same cabins on a upcoming conquest cruise. When are you going? I would be interested if a lot of noise can be heard.

I recalled at one time, Carnival marked certain cabins on each ship as "night owl's cabins". These were rooms near certain areas (disco, certain bars,etc) that had an increase chance of noise. A friend of mine got a good rate on one of these rooms (mainly because she's the type that hang in the bar until closing) and enjoyed it.

Do Carnival still imform people of these cabins? On my Carinval cruises, I always picked my cabin (prefer one with rooms around me) so no problem except for a very loving couple one time :eek: !! Kind of hard to knock on their door and ask them to tone it down a bit.

We have never had a problem with being near the elevators, they have a wall that seems to block things, I am concerned however as to where the ice makers are. We are booked on 7406 and 7408 on the Freedom. They are near the elevators, but also a white block area just in front of us, Could that be the Ice machine?

Also, can anyone tell me how to find out where the self service laundry room is? Thanks!

We just booked 6358 on Liberty and I'm also wondering what is on the "white" wall across from us. Does anyone have any idea? We also are right at the elevators and have never booked near them before. Our TA assured us we wouldn't be bothered by any noise. We've honestly never had any problem with noise on any cruise because the rocking ship puts us into the deepest, best sleep there is :)

Am Really Getting Worried. Has Anyone Been In Cabin 7422 On Victory - Empress Deck? Still Have Time To Change Cabin If I Have To--not Going Till November. Thanks In Advance For Any Info.

Gitana

Has anyone had soot problems on the Miracle Afts?? Will be our first balcony ever and that would be a bummer!:(

No, we've had an aft on both the Miracle and Legend, and have rarely seen any soot. Mind you, I wouldn't walk out there and sit down in white shorts without a towel to sit on, but I've never seen much. We always book the aft wrap, and soot is a non-issue for us. Enjoy!

Archived