carnival cabins to avoid

ttor55

Just booked on the Valor for 8448. A little nervous about this cabin, due to the other posts.

Is the noise very bad at night? We were on the Valor last year (different deck) and as I recall there wasn't much activity in the spa area directly above 8448 in the evening. Thanks for any comments,

anyone had experience with the verandah deck on ecstasy? we have booked 2 cabin V40 and V28? we had upper deck cabin on our first cruise. just curious!! June 11 can't come fast enough!!

We've been in V17 on the Ecstasy and had no noise (or any other) problems other than the cruise was too short.

gumballz, if you don't mind could you send me the video as well. We are in room 2470 on the Valor which is equivilent to 2452 on Triumph.

khamil30@yahoo.com

I was worried about being next to a stairwell. Also thanks for the tip on the stairwell for muster.

Thanks

Hi!

I will be going on the Valor April 29 and our room is 2476, this is my husbands first cruise and he was a little worried about feeling it moving the ship since were at the very end of the ship. Let me know when you get back or if anyone has stayed in this room, if you can feel anything..

Thanks,

Renae

Wow! Is the Valor in the Spirit Class? We sail on the Legend April 29th. We have 8270 and 8272 proper aft. I'm hoping since this is the small pool area that the noise level won't be too bad. Light sleeper at night, but don't care about other times of the day.

I have been back from the Freedom for two weeks ( has it really been two weeks?:( ) We were on Upper Deck Aft Balcony 6487 and we were right over the Bar. I could barely hear the thump thump of the music, not my BF4E had a problem one night. The only problem we had was it was a cool room. In other words it was COLD. 6 days in to the cruise we asked them to do something. All they did was close a vent. The Laundry is at 7337 on your floor. They did post a sign asking people to be quiet while doing their laundry. Look out for dryer stealers. One man was upset someone took his damp clothes out of his dryer and put theirs in. If I am not mistaken that little square is a closet. Freedom is roughly three football fields long you have to go to the middle bank of elevators to go to the victorianna and the Chic diningrooms. you can use the bank to your left near the aft to go to the Lido, Posh and the Habanna Bar. The internet cafe is in the Habanna bar. By the 5th day I never got lost.

Have a blast and if you have any questions feel free to email me at AFY1118@aol.com. I can tell you some good things about the excursions! :eek: :D :)

Alice Faye

Just booked on the Valor for 8448. A little nervous about this cabin, due to the other posts.

Is the noise very bad at night? We were on the Valor last year (different deck) and as I recall there wasn't much activity in the spa area directly above 8448 in the evening. Thanks for any comments,

The spa area is not above 8448 on the Valor, the aft pool & pizza parlor is diretly above.

We just stayed in 8448 in the Valor a few months ago, we usually always stay in the same cabin on different ships and the Valor was the first cabin we could hear noise all night long, especially early in the morning like 5am.

Just loud scrapping of chairs and things.

Wow! Is the Valor in the Spirit Class? We sail on the Legend April 29th. We have 8270 and 8272 proper aft. I'm hoping since this is the small pool area that the noise level won't be too bad. Light sleeper at night, but don't care about other times of the day.

Valor is in the Conquest class.

Have a great trip!

Still haven't found the answer to this question: Cabins 6270,6272, 6274 on upper deck, right across from the back of the elevators. Does anybody know what the white space is directly across from these cabins? Is it any type of service room , or just a blank wall?

MrDood: I know you stayed here in this area... do you remember? Anybody else?

Tank you!

Don't know if you still need this info, but thought I'd put in what I know...

I was on the Upper deck on the Valor (also Conquest class) last month. When you get off the central elevators (either the glass ones or the regular ones) and head toward the stateroom hallways, there is a little overlook area that looks down on the atrium. I was forever turning into this instead of passing it to get to the hallway. I'm guessing this is the white area you're seeing on the map. It's harmless (unless you do a multi-story fall over the rail into the atrium ;) ).

Happy sailing!

Carnival Pride Room 1130. Room from hell.:mad: Directly under the Jazz Club. At 10:00pm each nite the music started. You just have well have been sitting in the club directly in front of the band. And it went on until 1:30am to 2:00am each nite. During the second nite the a/c cover actually vibrated off of the ceiling. The pursers desk was dumbfounded. They eventually gave us a 15% discount on a future cruise with a 18 month window of use. We missed using it by 5 months. It was a situation of a GTY room and thats where we landed. Pick your room........don't use the GTY.

How bout U6 on the Inspiration? Anyone know anything about it? What is directly in front of it in these white areas?

Linen storage. The sheets and towels are 'really quiet' most of the sailing, so you'll hear nothing from that area;) Have a wonderful cruise ~ Bon Voyage!!

Does anyone know what is the blank space right next to cabin 7283 on the Verandah deck? This is on the Miracle.

As I recall reading in a post a while back, it is a crew storage area that also includes the ice machine. I personally doubt you'd have problems hearing the room steward(s) filling their rolling ice chests during your sleep hours, since they tend to do that during the day, or early evening. Have a great cruise on Carnival Miracle!!

How about the cabins above the theater?

We have 5121 on the Miracle and I thought it would be nice being steps from camp carnival (I have a 2 years old son) but I'm worried about the theater.

Thanks ;)

One thing I would worry about more than the theater is the foot traffic around Camp Carnival. On our last cruise I even mentioned to my husband that I would hate to have a cabin by Camp Carnival. There are a lot of people coming and going during prime pick up and drop off times (especially at night).

I don't mean to worry you though... Get a sound machine and have some nice white noise in your cabin. You'll be fine. Enjoy your cruise!

One thing I would worry about more than the theater is the foot traffic around Camp Carnival. On our last cruise I even mentioned to my husband that I would hate to have a cabin by Camp Carnival. There are a lot of people coming and going during prime pick up and drop off times (especially at night).

I don't mean to worry you though... Get a sound machine and have some nice white noise in your cabin. You'll be fine. Enjoy your cruise!

There's a good chance I too will be dropping off and picking up my son at the same times other will so that won't really be a problem..I hope...I can understand it would be for those who want to sleep late in the morning. With my 2 yo, I'll be up at 6 am :(

Thanks for responding to my post. Either way, I know I'll have a fabulous time! :)

Has anyone asked to be moved out of a cabin because of noise? I realize that if the cruise is full - you couldn't be, but what if it's not.....:confused:

Yes.... we were moved and upgraded. They were rehabbing the cabin next to us. They were working on the bathroom...hammering, chipping away at tiles, power tools. You get the picture. When we got moved.... we were put right in the middle of a family reunion ... truly the loudest people I have ever encountered...It was our first cruise and as you can see we did not let it ruin cruising for us.

Linen storage. The sheets and towels are 'really quiet' most of the sailing, so you'll hear nothing from that area;) Have a wonderful cruise ~ Bon Voyage!!

Awesome! Thanks for the response! :D

& Thanks for the Bon Voyage! Only 2 more days of being in Trinity before we get to go & celebrate our anniversary (actually 4-24) & hubby's b-day on the cruise 5-3! My tastes buds are calling! ;)

Thanks again!

Be blessed, be a blessing! :p

On a recent cruise on the Carnival Legend, at embarkation we were informed that we were upgraded (at no cost) to a higher grade. It turned out that the upgraded cabin was under the Lido deck, in the stern of the ship, in an odd position and in fact was a cabin that nobody wanted. Carnival was quite insistent that we take this upgrade. After much debate and threats, Carnival gave us our old cabin (that had been booked over 8 months prior to the cruise). We are glad that we stood our ground, in that we feel quite strongly that our cruise would have been ruined. We strongly suggest that we make sure where your cabin is before you accept an upgrade.

We just returned from the Conquest and I had picked room 7368 because it was on Empress...between 2 floors of rooms, and because there was a "white area" on the map across from it. I assumed since there were no inside cabins across from us, it may be quiet. Well, it turns out the pantry was across from us, and this is where at 6am you are awakened by the sounds of dishes clanging and ice being scooped into ice chests for the morning room service. It was consistent from about 6-7 am every morning. The only plus, was that we had unlimited ice, since I just had to walk out of my room and into the pantry housing the ice machine. :D With the amount of drinks we mixed in room, we needed all the extra ice we could get...lol.

Archived