carnival cabins to avoid

ttor55

Question about cabins on Spirit to those who have been on her. We are just about ready to book Spirit to Alaska in '08. Any thoughts on cabin 4225 main deck aft? The restaurant is below, and only cabins above.

The other cabin we are thinking of is 5231 on upper deck. It's an OV. My PVP said that you would be looking over the rafts, and still have a good view. Give me the good, bad, and ugly of these cabins!

Thanks and regards,

Michael

The noise we hear in cabins are fundamentally because of the way ships are constructed these days.

Each cabin is a modular unit. It is pre-fabricated in factory with all its furniture, plumbing, wiring, etc. already installed. It is then transported to the shipyard and inserted into the deck it belongs on...then eveything is hooked up and plugged in. When inserted it becomes part of the structural integrity of the ship. The deck flooring itself is neither all that thick or insulated because the cabins themselves keep everything rigidly in place. The problem is that the deck floors allow noise to be transmitted through the steel into the cabins below, or above.

We rarely hear noise, unless it is really loud, between cabins, (side-to-side), because there is an air space between each modular cabin that acts as a dead space and traps the noise between the cabins side.

The cabin doors are deliberately made thin and light...so we will hear noise from the hallways no matter where we are.

Unless one is noise sensitive the elevators on most ships should not cause a problem because again there is a dead-air space to trap noise between the cabin interior and the elevator shaft.

As for the "white spaces"...well they are there for a reason and that reason could involve machinery...or storage lockers...or printing plants...or laundry...or.....

Best advice. Check the deck plans. Choose a cabin sandwiched between two decks of cabins...choose one that is not immediately adjacent to a "white space"...and hope the people walking the halls at two in the morning are quiet drunks!!

Tom&Deb:)

Has anyone stayed or know about the obstucted view cabins on a Conquest Class ship? These rooms are the ones above & below the ship's bridge on the front of the ship. HELP!!!:confused:

your view is the wall. the deck outside your window is a public area so people can walk out there.

Becareful with booking these cabins as the rooms with a * inside denote twin beds that can not be pushed together- these are handicapped cabins.

2523144570062547426hOPFvL_th.jpg

2523361550062547426dCCJGH_th.jpg

Question about cabins on Spirit to those who have been on her. We are just about ready to book Spirit to Alaska in '08. Any thoughts on cabin 4225 main deck aft? The restaurant is below, and only cabins above.

The other cabin we are thinking of is 5231 on upper deck. It's an OV. My PVP said that you would be looking over the rafts, and still have a good view. Give me the good, bad, and ugly of these cabins!

Thanks and regards,

Michael

4225 is a balcony cabin. you will not be hearing anything from the area below.

5231 is a 7A cabin

2656775870097515536lsubTD_th.jpg

344244354ESVjKj_th.jpg

the balconies are very small on this cat. whats the price difference of the two cabins?

if you can grab 5236 its the biggest balcony in that category. (look at the deck plans and see. 5245 is a handicapped cabin and booking that one you stand a chance of being moved

I didnt realize till i started reading this thread i will be directly above the ebony caberet on the glory.

cabin 6477 august cruise. i think its too late to change cabins as the cruise is full.

Guess i'll bring ear plugs.

I didnt realize till i started reading this thread i will be directly above the ebony caberet on the glory.

cabin 6477 august cruise. i think its too late to change cabins as the cruise is full.

unless you are early to bed type of people you wont be bothered by sound from this lounge. Your cabin is over the seating area and away from the stage area.

Carnival Glory Main Deck cat. 6B cabins #2446, 2450 on port side and #2449, 2453 on starboard side are obstruced by the window washing platform that parks there when not in use.

Glorywindowwasher.jpg

unless you are early to bed type of people you wont be bothered by sound from this lounge. Your cabin is over the seating area and away from the stage area.

One/Two cabins away (6471/6475 - can't recall which) there was a lot of THUMP THUMP until well after midnight from the lounge below. Perhaps it was just the specific group that played in there then (March 2004)...

I can say that the aft corners on deck 6 do NOT have any problem with noise from below - OR from the hallway, as there are two doors leading to the main hall. Two other times we sailed on the Glory, a cat 8 and 12, you could hear A LOT (from the halls) through the doors.

Any future cruises on Conquest class ships will have us in either 6483 or 6452, no other cabins will "do".

Tom

We are booked in room 4211 on the Pride. Our concern is the dining room below us. Our TA advised us that it would not be noisy. Anyone know? We had a lounge below us last year and it was noisy until 3 AM. Thanks. Marlyne

One/Two cabins away (6471/6475 - can't recall which) there was a lot of THUMP THUMP until well after midnight from the lounge below. Perhaps it was just the specific group that played in there then (March 2004)...

I can say that the aft corners on deck 6 do NOT have any problem with noise from below - OR from the hallway, as there are two doors leading to the main hall. Two other times we sailed on the Glory, a cat 8 and 12, you could hear A LOT (from the halls) through the doors.

Any future cruises on Conquest class ships will have us in either 6483 or 6452, no other cabins will "do".

Tom

We have stayed across the aft on a few ships on deck 6 and never heard a sound-- not even on the destiny where you could hear the thump thump in the halls but not in the cabins.

I still say it depends on your fellow passengers

Hi Serene56

Thanks for the information about the Spirit. It was just the type I was looking for. You have convinced me to go for the 8A cabin. It's worth the extra $. Especially since we have 12 months to save up for the difference!

Thanks again.

Regards,

Michael

conquest (i think) right under the bridge...had the same view (more or less) the captain did forward...two doors away was a door to the outside so even late at night i could go out and enjoy the night air, no problem with people walking by on deck, don't think many knew it was there...closest to balcony i could get without booking an actual balcony and a great view for a oceanview room!

Just got our room assignment for Oct on the Liberty. We have cabin 8372 which is under the Lido restaurant. Is this cabin noisy? Should we try to get it moved? Hope someone has the answer. Thanks

We were on deck 8 below the pool area. Lots of noise of chairs scraping and banging around during the day. Therefore on our next trip we picked deck 6 on purpose. I don't recall if the Lido is carpeted, that would help deaden the noise.

On deck 6 6x35 we were above the piano bar and right across from a service closet. Constant banging of carts up and over the threshold 24/7. Sometimes you just can't win.

We were on deck 8 below the pool area. Lots of noise of chairs scraping and banging around during the day. Therefore on our next trip we picked deck 6 on purpose. I don't recall if the Lido is carpeted, that would help deaden the noise.

On deck 6 6x35 we were above the piano bar and right across from a service closet. Constant banging of carts up and over the threshold 24/7. Sometimes you just can't win.

what ship was this on??

Archived