Thermal suite what is it ?

pkamison

I thought I read the Coral doesn't have a Thermal Suite.

:confused:

The Coral does indeed have a great thermal suite - and it costs about $100/week per couple. It has three steam grottos - a tropical, mild and aromatic steam - four thermal stone loungers and two tropical rainforest showers with misting attachments. It's located in the spa, across from the changing room and just a short stroll from the covered lotus pool. Great for taking a dip before heading back for more steam. Ice water with orange or lemon wedges is usually available in the thermal room and you can pop out to the lotus bar for a freshly squeezed juice to refuel.

Can you tell I enjoyed it? :D

Mike

Just looked at the pictures and thought I'd mention that the Coral thermal suite is in the centre of the ship and, unlike the depicted one, has no windows. The loungers face the showers and the grottos, with each steam grotto having it's own door and a cold water hose inside to cool down the tile for sitting.

Just looked at the pictures and thought I'd mention that the Coral thermal suite is in the centre of the ship and, unlike the depicted one, has no windows. The loungers face the showers and the grottos, with each steam grotto having it's own door and a cold water hose inside to cool down the tile for sitting.

Buddy604, sounds like you had a terrific time on the Coral. We're taking a 17-day cruise through the Canal, out of Vancouver, this September. Would you recommend buying a thermal suite package even though we're travelling to the tropics (would you have still used it if it was hot and humid outside??) Or would the regular showers and sauna in the Lotus spa be just as good?

Thanks!

_____

LidoLiz

Buddy604, sounds like you had a terrific time on the Coral. We're taking a 17-day cruise through the Canal, out of Vancouver, this September. Would you recommend buying a thermal suite package even though we're travelling to the tropics (would you have still used it if it was hot and humid outside??) Or would the regular showers and sauna in the Lotus spa be just as good?
At the very least I would buy it for the leg from Vancouver to LA - that time of the year you'll run into a lot of fog and nothing is better than a nice hot stone lounger when it's grey and foggy out. I would guess that the coastal approach dow to the canal may be chilly and gray as well. I would try to work a deal with them if I were you, but if they're not too flexible I'd say take a package for the first week. By then it may have strated to warm up.

Enjoy yourself - I'm hoping to do the Ft. Lauderdale to Vancouver run myself in spring 2009.

Thanks!

_____

LidoLiz

Well, I'm not a guy to lie out and bake in the sun. The Thermal Suite is much more relaxing and comfortable, IMHO. So we use it whether we are in the Caribbean or Alaska!

I do know that on Sapphire Princess, and I think all ships of that class, as Buddy mentioned, do not have the windows in the Thermal Suite. That's too bad, but it is still heavenly!

;)

At the very least I would buy it for the leg from Vancouver to LA - that time of the year you'll run into a lot of fog and nothing is better than a nice hot stone lounger when it's grey and foggy out. I would guess that the coastal approach dow to the canal may be chilly and gray as well. I would try to work a deal with them if I were you, but if they're not too flexible I'd say take a package for the first week. By then it may have strated to warm up.

Enjoy yourself - I'm hoping to do the Ft. Lauderdale to Vancouver run myself in spring 2009.

Great idea and thanks! The showers also sound very nice, although the regular Lotus Spa showers (at least on the Sapphire) were also very pleasant. Nice to have the extra room instead of using the coffin showers in a regular cabin.

Great idea and thanks! The showers also sound very nice, although the regular Lotus Spa showers (at least on the Sapphire) were also very pleasant. Nice to have the extra room instead of using the coffin showers in a regular cabin.

Can anyone use the Lotus Spa showers, or is there an extra charge? I'm thinking that might be a good solution to getting up and out in time with 3 of us sharing an oceanview cabin.

Can anyone use the Lotus Spa showers, or is there an extra charge? I'm thinking that might be a good solution to getting up and out in time with 3 of us sharing an oceanview cabin.

The regular Lotus Spa showers were free (with shampoo and conditioner), and even on a big ship like the Sapphire, were deserted most of the time. There was also a steam room and sauna. They were great right after a workout.

I thought I would tell you of my experience with the Sactuary aboard the Diamond Princess last month. I scheduled a spa treatment and was told that I would get complementary use of the Sanctuary and thermal spa area afterwards.

As I was in a rush to get to my appointment (a 90 minute facial/massage combo) and I forgot to bring a bathing suit with me. Before I met with the therapist, I asked if I needed a bathing suit (thinking I might) - the people at the front desk said absolutly not. I was going to head back to my room to get one after I registered, but decided not to based on the input I got.

After my very relaxing massage and facial, I was taken to the thermal spa area. I was picturing this to be like a lot of spas, where the steam rooms were segregated - one for the guys, one for the ladies. To my shock, it was all co-ed. Being naked in my robe just didn't feel right, but the therapist insisted I stay.

In the first room, they had heated tiled loungers - not one woman was in there - two of the four guys present were snoring away. The I decided to check out the shower area - again, in an open area and very much co-ed. The two steam rooms (there might have been more) were all co-ed as well. While in one, an engineering officer came in to ask about the aroma - he was making some sort of adjustment. I remained in my robe, but not feeling comfortable, I left.

I think had I had my bathing suit on, I probably would have felt somewhat more comfortable. But I guess I am used to being in same-sex steamrooms, showers, etc - I personally didn't feel comfortable enough to return later, though I could have.

I am just passing this along so you are not surprised.

Suzi

Archived