On-board Mixers -- Smuggler's Punch

Can anyone out there help me with this question?

Thanks.

I know they have Orange Juice and Mango juice in the mornings on Lido

They serve all the juices in the Dining room for breakfast

Mango, orange juice, tomato juice, pineapple juice, apple juice

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Sample_Breakfast_Menu_Dinning_Room).aspx

room srvice can get you

apple, orange, grapefruit and tomato JUICES as well as other beverages

http://www.lifeiscruising.com/i/u/21092/i/Cabin_Guide_025.jpg

re: jello shots: has anyone ever made jello "shots" in a regular bowl? Like making regular jello? But then invert onto a plate and everyone can take a "slice?" Would that work???

Ya' know... I don't have a clue about the Jello but I sure like the way you think!!

:D

I would love to do that for Easter....it is both my DB and my DIL's b'day and we are going to CELEBRATE. I am making melon balls and Mimosa Punch. It would be fun to put the "kicked up" jello in a pan, then I could make shapes with a cookie cutter and serve them on a plate...ah, there is another smuggler's punch recipe:

12 oz can thawed OJ concentrate (makes 36 oz-you can get that at the breakfast buffet)

1 liter cold club soda

1-2 bottles sparkling wine (champagne or Proseco)

Mix and put in a punch bowl or large pitcher

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know for sure what kind of mug one could buy in the gift shop?

I'm thinking about throwing a few bottles of water into my bag just so I can use the bottle when its empty so I can stock up on juice in the morning. Are the cups in the buffet big?

I may go to the party store/dollar store to get a cheap "water bottle w/ staw" that you can't see through....

Ok, I know there are a bunch of you out there who have created a version of my famous Smuggler's Punch using combinations of mixers available on board, along with rum or another potent potable.

My personal recipe is:

(purchase an insulated "water" bottle from the on-board store for about $5)

Fill the container with ice to the top

Add 2 parts fruit punch

Add 1 part Lemonade

Add 2 (or more :)) parts rum. I like to mix equal parts dark and light rum.

Give it a good shake and enjoy!

I have another version where I substitue sprite for the lemonade which is also very good.

So let's hear it -- anybody else have a recipe for a drink using on-board mixers?

Dude, I think I just figured out my favorite on-board drink. Thanks for the info!! :D

re: jello shots: has anyone ever made jello "shots" in a regular bowl? Like making regular jello? But then invert onto a plate and everyone can take a "slice?" Would that work???

Yes it works :D I took a bowl of jello shots to a Bridal Shower and it was a hit. It was just served right out of the bowl by the spoonfuls, hee hee

Does anyone know for sure what kind of mug one could buy in the gift shop?

I'm thinking about throwing a few bottles of water into my bag just so I can use the bottle when its empty so I can stock up on juice in the morning. Are the cups in the buffet big?

I may go to the party store/dollar store to get a cheap "water bottle w/ staw" that you can't see through....

We got the souviner mug from the gift shop. It is insulated and is really nice. I think it was $6?? It is probably 32oz. But you can also go to Target or Wal Mart and pick up a mug and bring with you (unless you want the souviner one) I took my weight watchers mug last time (what an oxy moron) but I like it because it is really big and keeps things cold.

I picked up some blueberri stoli and it mixed pretty well with lemonade...

I got one of the waterbottles a couple cruises ago and bring it with me.

I also have done the crystal light route.

Put some alcohol (rum whatever) in a glass, dump in the crystal light and fill with ice and water. Yum. And diet!

• 6 months later...

I have a new one that requires no mixers. This has become my staple. Black Russian (Lots of Russian, very little black ;)). Last cruise I just threw in a bottle (jug, actually :o) of vodka in a large zip-lock, and placed carefully in the center or my luggage. I also packed a carefully wrapped, small soda bottle filled with kahlua.

I am sure that someone has already posted this, but if not, you can make a decent rocks margarita using lemonade and "borrowing" a few limes from a friendly bartender. Splash some tequila on top and you are in business. The key here is don't skimp on the tequila. ;)

Cheers!

So this is my first cruise so this is new to me, so the sum of it all is put some alcohol into a, lets say mouthwash bottle and pack it well (so it doesn't get caught or spilled) and treat yourself to a free drink now and then, correct? IF not, help me!!!!! This sounds like fun. :rolleyes:

Also, I am a goody goody, so I must ask......if you do, lets say get caught, they just take it. You don't get in any trouble. ha ha ha:eek:

My husband and I went on our first cruise on the Carnival Conquest September 7, yes, the Hurricane Ike storm and yes we lost our vehicle. Anyway, being the lawbreakers that we are, we packed 2 bottles of Bloody Mary Mix, 2 bottles of wine, one bottle of vodka, one bottle of rum, 12 bottles of water, 12 Pepsi, 6 Sierra Mist, 6 Diet Mt. Dew and 6 Diet Dr. Pepper. Then when we went to Jamaica we got 4 sample rum bottles from the Appleton Rum Factory, Large bottle of Banana Cream Rum, Irish Cream Rum, Rum Brandy, regular rum and no one made us turn them over until the last of the cruise. But then again, we didn't volunteer to go to the table to turn them over. We also purchased a sample set of Milangro Tequila on the ship and 5 sample bottles of Absolut Vodka in 5 flavors. Those last two items were kept until the end of the cruise but then again, who cares.... we had more alcohol in our room than most of the bars..... Party on Garth.... Party on Wayne!!!!!!!!! And just so you know, we ended up with a bottle of champagne in a gift basket that had been sent for our anniversary and another bottle of Chardonney wine as a gift in a fruit basket. And the funny thing.... we ended up bringing all the alcohol home except for a small amount of the rum and vodka, all the wine, champagne and the rum from Appleton. Unless you are a drinker.... don't bring more than you will drink. It takes up way too much luggage room and you just have to lug it back home. And, not a bottle was broken in embarkation or debarkation. Woo Hoo!!!!!!

My husband and I went on our first cruise on the Carnival Conquest September 7, yes, the Hurricane Ike storm and yes we lost our vehicle. Anyway, being the lawbreakers that we are, we packed 2 bottles of Bloody Mary Mix, 2 bottles of wine, one bottle of vodka, one bottle of rum, 12 bottles of water, 12 Pepsi, 6 Sierra Mist, 6 Diet Mt. Dew and 6 Diet Dr. Pepper. Then when we went to Jamaica we got 4 sample rum bottles from the Appleton Rum Factory, Large bottle of Banana Cream Rum, Irish Cream Rum, Rum Brandy, regular rum and no one made us turn them over until the last of the cruise. But then again, we didn't volunteer to go to the table to turn them over. We also purchased a sample set of Milangro Tequila on the ship and 5 sample bottles of Absolut Vodka in 5 flavors. Those last two items were kept until the end of the cruise but then again, who cares.... we had more alcohol in our room than most of the bars..... Party on Garth.... Party on Wayne!!!!!!!!! And just so you know, we ended up with a bottle of champagne in a gift basket that had been sent for our anniversary and another bottle of Chardonney wine as a gift in a fruit basket. And the funny thing.... we ended up bringing all the alcohol home except for a small amount of the rum and vodka, all the wine, champagne and the rum from Appleton. Unless you are a drinker.... don't bring more than you will drink. It takes up way too much luggage room and you just have to lug it back home. And, not a bottle was broken in embarkation or debarkation. Woo Hoo!!!!!!

wow a cruiser after my own liver!

I take 3 1.75L of vodka along with 2 empty 32oz bottles. I love the mango juice and fill each jug every morning and store them in the mini bar for later. When that runs out I mix with fruit punch or lemonade. DW likes the ice tea, one thing about vodka is you can mix it with anything.

i dont remember mango punch on carnival do all ships have it? on liberty soon:confused:

question, hope i dont get flamed for asking. when we get to port and get off bus, porter person takes our luggage and i have seen them put it on the big cart thingie, with 50 other bags. a forklift then picks it up and goes into the terminal thingie. i dont think they then unload and exray every bag. dont they just let the dogs check the whole rack for there trained thingies and then load. seems only thing you need to do is keep bottle from breaking, not put in mouth wash bottle or anything. any thoughts or am i bringing up something i shouldnt:confused:

question, hope i dont get flamed for asking. when we get to port and get off bus, porter person takes our luggage and i have seen them put it on the big cart thingie, with 50 other bags. a forklift then picks it up and goes into the terminal thingie. i dont think they then unload and exray every bag. dont they just let the dogs check the whole rack for there trained thingies and then load. seems only thing you need to do is keep bottle from breaking, not put in mouth wash bottle or anything. any thoughts or am i bringing up something i shouldnt:confused:

Well, this is not a smuggling thread per se. That has been and will be discussed elsewhere ad nauseum. (Wow, I used latin in both sentences, lol)

I always buy booze in plastic bottles and pack them, and have not had any problems. I believe that they do indeed X-Ray every bag (looking for explosives, weapons, etc), but since you are allowed to bring soda and wine, they are not going to open every bag that contains a bottle or case of cans and inspect it. If you are reasonable with quantity you are probably ok. And never put it in your carry-on. ;)

Now, hypothetically, if you were to smuggle booze on board, what would it be and what would you mix it with, if anything?

Well, this is not a smuggling thread per se. That has been and will be discussed elsewhere ad nauseum. (Wow, I used latin in both sentences, lol)

I always buy booze in plastic bottles and pack them, and have not had any problems. I believe that they do indeed X-Ray every bag (looking for explosives, weapons, etc), but since you are allowed to bring soda and wine, they are not going to open every bag that contains a bottle or case of cans and inspect it. If you are reasonable with quantity you are probably ok. And never put it in your carry-on. ;)

Now, hypothetically, if you were to smuggle booze on board, what would it be and what would you mix it with, if anything?

always take one bottle vodka, for bloody marys on balcony if by some chance room service brings 6 tomato juices to our cabin, and one bottle rum to go with the fruit punch, but i have gotten many new ideas. from this post

emod20, we go one step further. I bring 2 bottles of Mr. and Mrs. T's bloody mary mix with us. It comes in plastic bottles and has regular nad BOLD AND SPICY. The bold and spicy is VERY bold and spicy! :eek: Go to any bar and ask for a cup filled with sliced limes and you are all set! I usually bring a plastic bottle of tonic water also for V&T's. :D

So this is my first cruise so this is new to me, so the sum of it all is put some alcohol into a, lets say mouthwash bottle and pack it well (so it doesn't get caught or spilled) and treat yourself to a free drink now and then, correct? IF not, help me!!!!! This sounds like fun. :rolleyes:

Also, I am a goody goody, so I must ask......if you do, lets say get caught, they just take it. You don't get in any trouble. ha ha ha:eek:

If you get caught, you have to go to smuggling classes and write "I will not get caught smuggling again" 10,000 times while everyone else is on shore.:D So I wouldn't get caught. That is just what I have heard...

First of all anything with Skyy Passion Fruit Vodka. It is made with natural juices which makes it good all by itself.:D Also being Skyy it does not cause hangovers. ;)

Also, Bacardi Limon is very good in everything especially iced tea.

Anyone ever try X-rated. It is a vodka based passion fruit and other flavors liquor. It is excellent by itself or with red bull for an Xbomb.

If $ are no object the best vodka in the world is Stoli Elite. Whatever you mix with it all you taste is the mix. It is 90 proof but almost tastes like water, just very very slight burn (could be trouble) Price is about $65 a 750ml in the states, but worth every penny. I really like Grey Goose, but Elite makes it taste like Kerosene, but better at twice the price.

Keith