Naples Hop On Hop Off Tour

Has anyone done the Naples Hop On Hop Off bus tour? Did you book ahead or were you able to buy tickets that day before boarding? Also, which tour did you take, the Art Tour that drove by the museums, or the the Naples Bay Tour which drove along the coast line? Last of all, how did you like it?

Check here for more information:

http://www.napoli.city-sightseeing.it/eng/index.htm

We were planning to use it - but when we arrived in Naples it was raining, raining, raining.

As the bus is open top we did not want to spend on the lower deck.

This picture is taken from the stern of our ship.

The bus starts on left square behind. Just 3 minutes from cruise terminal.

MusNERegen-vi.jpg

Regards,

HeinBloed

Thanks, Heinbloed,

I checked your link to Napoli.city and that is exactly what I was looking for. I had been in email contact with another tour company who said I needed to prebook the tour. Seemed to defeat the whole purpose of being able to hop on and hop off. We've done these types of tours before and you could always just pick it up at any of the stops. I want the flexibility to decide that day we're in Naples if we have time to do this. Sorry you had rainy weather in Naples and weren't able to do the tour.

The reason why they ask for pre-booking:

You cannot change anymore although the other company might start earlier from the SAME boarding point.

I would not prebook and just see what is going on around the boarding point and which bus is the next.

Like you see with us: if the weather is so bad you might not be interested either to go on sightseeing bus tour but shopping in a department store or having a glass of Chianti and some Italian antipasti...

I would not do it!

Regards,

HeinBloed

Dear HeinBloed-

You mentioned that the bus stops 3 blocks away from the dock - The Piazza Municipio? Is there a tour office on that piazza where one purchases the tour tickets, or must I just look for the tour bus I want and then pay on board?

Which route had you planned on taking?

Hi,

Piazza Municipio is correct. It's NOT 3 BLOCKS but 3 minutes walking from the cruise terminal: you can say (watching the picture):

cruise terminal is just left hand (not on the picture)

you need to cross the (parking) in front of the cruise terminal

crossing the street (with tram tracks) and opposite is already

Piazza Minicipio

As I told: we had so heavy rain that we decided not to go.

We planned to go on route A and B (as we were in Naples on a weekday route C was not in service).

Download this map:

http://www.napoli.city-sightseeing.it/eng/depliant_na.pdf

There you can see both is available:

ticket point at the square

tickets on board

Sorry that I cannot be more helpful - but as I told and as you can see: it was so cloudy, rainy and cold that we did not want to stay in this open top bus!

Regards,

HeinBloed

• 2 months later...

Thanks HeinBloed.

We downloaded the map and will take the route that takes us to the Museum of Archeology (Route A - Red).

I know that the bad weather prevented you from actually taking the bus but would you happen to know if the ticket price allows for more than one route? In other words, if I finish Route A and decide to take Route B, do I have to pay another fee?

Good Morning Hein Bloed,

Wonderful picture of Naples Port!!.....Your forum posts are excellent, and very much appreciated.

I was wondering if you have any more photos of (ports from the cruise ship) that are so detailed. if so, please share them.

Thanks, Jeff

Thanks for the info HeinBloed.

I know the Galleria is close to the square where the HO-HO bus starts; I just have to locate the 2 churches I want to see (San Gennaro-I think it's the Duomo on the Red route; and San Gregorio Armeno). Looking forward to having some pizza and gelato in that port.

Archived