Pool Ideas!!

Cruisin'40

My husband thought I was crazy at first but last cruise I packed 2 "fun noodles" for the pool! I love to just float in the pool (as do my kids), they are so cheap I just threw them out at the end of the cruise and then I had the extra room for souvineers!! Am planning on doing the same for our next cruise.

My family uses the pool a lot, which is why we cruise Princess for the fresh water pools. Honestly though I have never been in a filtered salt water pool (only heard stories) how bad is it, or do you really notice a difference?

With a salted pool you wont need noodles as you float without any help. I dont think its bad. Although I cant see how one does float in a pool on a cruise- isnt the pool so crowded??

Personally, I prefer salt water pools. On 2 different lines I've been on, one had fresh water pools, one had salt water. The salt water was changed often so that the pool water was always clear and clean. The fresh water pool did not appear to have the water changed at all--by day 3 of a 7-night cruise the pool was horrendous, with oil and who knows what all floating on the top in a layer of scum. :eek:

Salt water pools are kinder to your skin and bathing suits, too. If you find a cruise line/ship/itinerary you like, but the ship has salt water pools, give it a try! You might like it! :D

Chris

Wow! Was it Princess? Our pools were crystal clear and extremely clean... my family is very picky about the pool being clean.. They partially drained it each night.
It's nice to know though that most people don't mind the salt water, I'm certain we will be trying another cruiseline in the future at some time :)

Archived