Question about tipping

K1226M

When tipping the waiters in the main dinning room they suggest 3.25 I think per person. Do you tip for all days of the cruise, or only the nights that you go to the main dinning room? Also how do you tip the waiters at Portofinos and Chops? I am assuming you would at the table?

Thanks

I would tip for all the days of the cruise; these same waiters work breakfast & lunch, and in the Windjammer as well as the formal dining room.

In Chops and Portofino, a tip is included in the additional charge for dining there, but you can add an additional tip if you desire (you will be asked for your SeaPass to charge the fee, and there is a place on there to add more tip).

Do you tip for all days of the cruise, or only the nights that you go to the main dinning room?

Keep in mind, when "counting" you count the number of nights you are on the ship, not days. Some people get confused and count both the first day and the last day, ending up with one too many! The day you get off the ship, the new passengers coming on for that night will cover the tips! :)

http://cruisetip.tpkeller.com/

Theron

The cover charge for the specialty restaurants includes the tip. I have never deducted a night from the dining room staff if I don't eat in the main dining room. It's a personal decision about tipping and let the service be your guide.

Archived