Orient Beach Questions

bankerbabe

We'll see if I can work up the nerve. It would be just my luck that someone I know from home would stroll by - second grade teacher, my dad's preacher, a customer . . . .:eek:

You look them straight in the eye and say, "Hello. Isn't it a lovely day on the beach?"

beachchick

We'll see if I can work up the nerve. It would be just my luck that someone I know from home would stroll by - second grade teacher, my dad's preacher, a customer . . . .:eek:

If they are strolling by you on the clothing optional end of the beach then they are either relaxed and doing the same thing you are doing- or they're peepers trying to get a look at something and they'll be more embarrased than you!:eek: ;)

You look them straight in the eye and say, "Hello. Isn't it a lovely day on the beach?"

beachchick

You're assuming I would be capable of eye contact at that point. Sometimes curiosity gets the best of me :)

If they are strolling by you on the clothing optional end of the beach then they are either relaxed and doing the same thing you are doing- or they're peepers trying to get a look at something and they'll be more embarrased than you!:eek: ;)

Good point. Though it could make conversations with customers a little awkward in the future. I'd be trying to discuss their financial statement while envisioning them nekkid on the beach :eek: Although that is one very solid way to break the ice :)

Good point. Though it could make conversations with customers a little awkward in the future. I'd be trying to discuss their financial statement while envisioning them nekkid on the beach :eek: Although that is one very solid way to break the ice :)

Your relationship with your customers would never be the same!:D

Sailing with Princess... what area of the beach would I tell the taxi driver to drop me off at, on Orient Beach, in order to parasail? Anyone done this there? Thanks.....

We were at Orient last week and it was $45 to parasail if you do two at a time ($50 I think to go single). We went to Kon Tiki - the taxi driver knew exactly where to drop us off and he came back for us at a designated time. I hope to have a few pictures later today and will post them if you like. By the way, if you walk to the nude part of the beach, put your camera away where it can't be seen. It will cause great concern even though you aren't using it!

Oh my gawd, the Beachchick and the Bankerbabe together at Orient in the buff. One doing some "eye-to-eye" eyeballing while the other would be letting her curiosity get the best of her. Men, go run and hide from those prying eyes! :eek: What is this world coming to !! ;)

Oh my gawd, the Beachchick and the Bankerbabe together at Orient in the buff. One doing some "eye-to-eye" eyeballing while the other would be letting her curiosity get the best of her. Men, go run and hide from those prying eyes! :eek: What is this world coming to !! ;)

You have a very active imagination.:D

We are planning a day on our own (independent of shore excursions or tours) on St. Maarten. We plan to spend the day lounging at Orient Beach. I have a couple of questions, though:

1. Snorkeling. Is it worth it to bring along our snorkel gear, or is Orient Beach more of a relax and enjoy the water kind of place.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Snorkeling is not very good at Orient. There just is not much to see. There are much better choices on the island if you want to snorkel. My wife and I have, but from boat excursions to Creole Rock or Tintemarre.

I would suggest snorkeling in the other ports and just enjoying Orient Beach. It is a wonderful beach with a lot of activities and places to eat.

FYI - You can see full nudity along the entire beach anytime, but normally only early or late in the day. If nude at Club Orient you can go anywhere nude (restaurants, etc.) If nude on Orient you have to cover up coming off the beach into restaurants, stores, etc. The whole beach is topless, with a fair number of participants.

Ken

I would suggest snorkeling in the other ports and just enjoying Orient Beach. It is a wonderful beach with a lot of activities and places to eat.

Thank you - we will leave the snorkel gear in the cabin and enjoy the beach that day. We will be snorkeling at other stops, so it will be nice to have a beach day.

Maybe the term has some merit here:

"Only in your dreams...." ;)

Well...We've all gotta have some dreams, don't we? Might as well make 'em fun.:D

Besides, you just never know who's going to "show up" at Orient. It could happen. (You bet your bippy I'd be topless at a minimum and, if DH and I visit CO again, who knows.);):D

beachchick

How long and how much was the taxi ride to Orient?

Does Club Orient have a separate beach? Do you pay to use their pool, etc?

The taxi ride to Orient is 25-30 minutes. Best to travel in a van-cab with other people, then the fare is $ 6.00 pp. The fare is higher with only 2 people in the cab. Here are the published rates.

http://www.taxisxm.com/rate.htm

The beach at Orient is one long curving swoop; the Club O portion at the southern end is set off by a few rocks (not a barrier), but the entire beachfront is open to the public; all beaches on the island are public. You pay to rent a chair/lounger plus umbrella where ever you park yourself.

I have never stayed at Club O, just used their beachfront for a few days when we vacationed on the island plus we always have beach time there when we are on a cruise stopping on the island. I have never heard any one mention a pool at Club O.

And, no strolling vendors are allowed on the Club O portion, unlike the rest of the beach. And there are no beach shacks selling stuff either, just a beach bar (The Perch) run by the resort. Much quieter and calmer than the rest of the beach, by far.

Here is a map of Orient, courtesy of Ed and Sandra.

http://home.carolina.rr.com/photos2005/LargeOrientPanorama.htm

I am going to Orient Beach on my ship

I'm so anxious to take this trip

Gonna sit in my chair

With the wind in my hair

And a pina colada I'll sip.

Haven't been to a plastic surgeon

Haven't laid in a tanning bed

My body isn't gorgeous

Want to experience this one time 'fore I'm dead.

I am going to Orient Beach on my ship

I'm so anxious to take this trip

Gonna sit in my chair

With the wind in my hair

And a pina colada I'll sip.

Haven't been to a plastic surgeon

Haven't laid in a tanning bed

My body isn't gorgeous

Want to experience this one time 'fore I'm dead.

:D And do doubt about it, you'll have a delightful day. You've got the right attitude and spirit.

beachchick

p.s. Consider making that pina colada a "guavaberry colada." I don't like the guavaberry liqueur or rum plain, but in a colada--oh yeah!

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone tell what a good area of Orient beach to go to is that is down a little bit from Club Orient? I am going with a big group of my family. I don't want to be to far way though that we are missing any good bars or anything. I also want to be near somewhere that offers parasailing and jet ski in case that's what anybody wants to do.

Can anyone tell what a good area of Orient beach to go to is that is down a little bit from Club Orient? I am going with a big group of my family. I don't want to be to far way though that we are missing any good bars or anything. I also want to be near somewhere that offers parasailing and jet ski in case that's what anybody wants to do.

Here is a link to Ed's panorama photo of Orient Beach. Club Orient is at the viewers left.

http://home.carolina.rr.com/photos2005/LargeOrientPanorama.htm

The entire beach is somewhat more than 1 mile long and is free. You pay for chair and umbrella setup to the section of the beach you settle down at, or sit for free on your towel.

Been around quite a few years and am familiar with a biker gal - but now you are telling me about a banker gal. Now that's a hot image - pasties made out of quarters!

Loved ***** by the Sea. We were in St, Martin in October and went to Orient Beach. Next month we will be back and I think we will skip ***** by the Sea. Just a bunch of guys hangin out!

We just returned from our cruise - thought I would post on our day at Orient.

We took a private taxi, since we didn't want to wait for others. I believe we paid a grand total of $5-$6 more than we would have otherwise. Worth it.

I enjoyed our day at Orient very much, it was a beautiful beach with wonderful water. It was quite warm the day we were there, though I expected as much from a day in April. We arrived much too early, since we docked at 7 am and were among the first off the ship. I'm always one to draw as much fun as possible out of every day. I'd recommend containing your excitement and waiting until 8, at the earliest.

The beach was completely deserted and only one establishment had their beach chairs ready, so we had no choices. We rented two chairs, an umbrella, and a free drink from him for $7 each. The chairs were not comfortable, though, so after an hour or so when the beach started to wake up, we moved down the beach to Pirates. Much better.

At Pirates, we rented two chairs (with pads, this time), an umbrella, and one very strong drink for $8 each. Free use of the bathroom was included, whereas the first place gave us a ticket for a one-time use of the facilities.

Strolling vendors were few and far between, much to my delight, and much to my husband's dismay. (When they say opposites attract, they must have been thinking of us.) My DH bought several little things from the vendors. Each time they showed up, I just excused myself to float in the water until they were gone. When we told the vendors that we were not interested in their wares, they were very polite and moved on quickly.

We ate lunch at Pedros, next to some very old naked guys who seemed to be enjoying themselves. My DH was a little squeamish about naked people, but after a while we both forgot that they were around us. After a couple of hours, we only noticed the naked people when they had an unusual piercing. Don't get me started on that.

I was not terribly impressed with Pedros, but it had come recommended to us by folks on the ship and by our taxi driver (someday I'll learn to not listen to taxi drivers). Their drinks were awesome, but the menu was not exciting. But it was too hot to really eat much anyway, so no big deal.

Orient Beach was our one "laze on the beach" day for this cruise, and for a lazy day, it was perfect. I really enjoyed it, but my ADHD hubby needs a little more activity, so I think next time we will head somewhere to snorkel. But, if you are the type that likes to lay on the beach, enjoy the sun, do a little people watching, and eat and drink - Orient is the perfect place to go. I'd go back in a heart beat.

Thank you to all who posted your advice prior to our trip.

Oh - one more thing: we had no problem at all getting a taxi to come back to the ship. All you had to do is walk out to the parking area and LOOK like you needed a taxi. They were all over the place at about 3:00.

Archived