Mille Spa treatment recs for hubby

chachel75

Hi R,

Kinda hard to know what your husband might like....

Since I'm still a working man, a Celebrity cruise vacation is a special event and I make the most of it by using the spa. My usual treatments are either a full body massage or the hot stones massage. Both are excellent! The masseuse has always been very good with surprisingly powerful hands for deep tissue muscle work.

I've also enjoyed the Etruscan Rasul chamber on the M-class ships (a steam room and shower, with mud, salts, etc.).

And quite often I've had a very nice haircut in the salon, as well.

I hope your husband enjoys and appreciates his surprise and that you both have a great cruise!

CM

Just off the Millie on Sunday. Would reommend Sylvia for any hot stone massage. Also, be forwarned--they like to push the products they use in the spa. I was told to tell them right up front that didn't want any and nothing more was said. No pressure at all to buy. My husband loves massages and this one would be great for male or female.

Also, hot stone massage is $193, but if you book it for a time while the ship is in port, you get a big discount.

Hot stones massage, hands down! (pardon the pun) ; - ) Mine was done by the only male masseur on the ship. I don't remember his name, but he was excellent.

Just beware the aggressive sales practices when they try to sell you the supplements afterwards.

Ditto on shinbal regarding the shinbull sales practices, particularly after the massages....

My favorite massage was deep tissue (I was on the Connie but they are the same). The Sports Massage was too intense and the Shiatsu and Stones were too light. I'm a big guy and lucky I got a male masseuse who could really make it hurt during deep tissue.

I also had two facials which were really interesting and the girl that did them was great. The first was a soothing facial since I was very sunburnt and the second was a regular one (she pulled blackheads, the whole nine yards, it was an hour long and I fell asleep during it...highly recommended!). Actually, the skin care stuff isn't too bad at all.

Now, to top it ALL OFF...if you ever visit Cozumel, Mexico, you MUST go to Playa Uvas and visit the masseuse Luz! She is the best I have ever experienced and if you have never had a massage on the beach with the sound of the waves and the sun on your back, you just haven't LIVED!!!!

Good luck and happy sailing!

Patrick

Archived