Tennis bag as carry-on on Midwest Express?

ElizabethxoNoel

Hi. I was just wondering if anyone knew if you could bring a tennis bag as a carry-on on Midwest Express? We have called the company two times and they haven't called back. We also looked on the website, but it had no information on tennis bags or tennis rackets. Thanks in advance for your help.

Elizabeth

Great question and I suspect the reason you are not getting a call back is because it will depend upon the individual security person with whom you are dealing. This might be one of those 'judgement calls' left to the discretion of the TSA screener.

Unless you are willing to risk giving up the tennis racket, unfortunately I suggest you pack it for checking. I know you probably don't want to do that but I don't think anyone can promise you absolutely you will be permitted to bring your tennis racket aboard.

The TSA website does not specifically list Tennis Rackets, but all the other sporting items are not allowed in the carry on. I would suggest that you either leave the tennis racket at home or find a way to pack it in your checked luggage, so that it does not get taken away by TSA.

As far as Midwest Express, I don't think they would care either way, but TSA does the checking.....

Archived