Infinity Cruise Director

Mack704

Hi everybody! Haven't posted in a while.

DW and I are booked on the Infinity, San Diego/Hawaii R/T, April 22, '07. With all the fuss about the itinerary changes, We're going to remain optimistic that there still will be a cruise. So, fellow CCers;

Does anyone know who the current cruise director is? And will he/she be the same one on our cruise? And can anyone give any info about him/her?

On our last X cruise, it was Dru and he was great.

Thanks in advance.

Harvey

We're on that cruise, too. Just wondering why you think there might NOT be a cruise?????

Here Is Why!

It is high noon in Chicago and I just got a call from my TA informing me of an itinerary change for our cruise. Changes are as follows:

Friday, April 27th--Hilo Was supposed to dock at 7:00 am. Docking has now been moved to 9:00 am. We are still leaving at 5:00 pm.

Here's the real bad news: We were supposed to overnight in Maui on 4/30-5/01 and leave on 5/01 at 1:00 pm. Our departure has now been moved to 1:00 AM on 5/01, 12 hours sooner than expected. That means anyone with any plans for Tuesday morning is out of luck.

My TA told me that compensation from Celebrity is $200 per cabin for regular staterooms and $500 per cabin for suites.

Stinks in my opinion. Who takes a 14 night Hawaiian cruise to spend 4 days in Hawaii?

You're right about a 14 day cruise with only 4 days in Hawaii being an issue. I'm thinking, however, that they will probably not cancel as they seem to have worked out the logistics by taking 14 hours back for travel. I wonder what happens if the pod problem gets worse and the ship gets slower. Maybe we will just float around in the Pacific for 14 days? I love being at sea, but I would really like to see Hawaii. That IS the point of choosing that destination. Interesting that they don't make that announcement until after final payment is due for the April cruises, don't you think? They must have known before.

Archived