5-Day Bermuda NJ vs. Baltimore

I've been curious about that as well. Leaving out of Baltimore would be great for us but the cost of the 5-day cruise is more for one person than we can get a 7-day out of Florida or some other port for 2 people.

we just purchased the NJ bermuda cruise (leaving in 2 months) and too did not know why baltimore is more expensive, considering it's on grandeur vs. explorer which is a bigger ship.

also, empress is 2x more expensive for a balcony cabin, leaving from VA.

...it's simply a matter of supply and demand. Grandeur sailings out of Baltimore are selling incredibly well this year. There's a low supply of cabins available, so the prices are high. Also, if last summer is any indication, local TAs are holding blocks of cabins for their customers. If they begin to release those blocks, cabins will free up and prices will fall. I expect that to begin to happen in early May.

A Baltimore departure would be a last minute thing for me this summer, so I'm waiting for prices to drop. If they don't, I can wait until Alaska/Radiance in September.

Jim

Looking at the deck plans there are only a few balconies on Grandeur...so they will be expensive--like it was said above, supply and demand.

Explorer has a LOT more balconies, so they can charge less for those since the demand isn't as high (compared to demand on Grandeur).

Which is why I'm driving much further to go to NJ rather than Baltimore--I want a bigger ship so I can get a balcony, and have more to do on the sea days.

Archived